Here we can see, “This Is How We Fix the Most Common Uplay Errors on Pc”
Ubisoft is well-known for the high-quality games it releases each year.
In fact, Ubisoft is doing so well that it decided to launch its own game distribution platform.
That’s how the Uplay client came to be, and in this post, you’ll learn how to fix some of the most typical errors you’ll encounter while using it.
Fix common Uplay error messages
1. Errors 17008, 17012, 17013 and 17014
1.1 Run Uplay with administrator rights
- Uplay Select can be accessed by right-clicking it.
- Run the program as an administrator
1.2 Install a fresh copy of Uplay
- To launch the Programs and Features window, use Windows + R and type control appwiz.cpl.
- Locate Uplay and right-click it to uninstall it.
- Return to Ubisoft’s website and re-download it once it’s finished.
2. Error 17011
- To see if you have enough disk space, press Start Type in This PC and then click it.
- Right-click the sector where you wish to save your game and select “Save Target As…”
- Choose Properties
- Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive for your game.
If it doesn’t work, try launching Uplay as an administrator.
3. Errors 17002 and 17009
Check to determine if the game account you want to launch is linked to your Ubisoft account.
Several Ubisoft titles may also be purchased on Steam, so make sure the two accounts are linked.
Also, make sure you’re using the correct account credentials and that the game you’re playing isn’t a demo that has expired.
4. Errors 17006 and 17017
These are usually network-related difficulties that can be resolved by one of the following methods:
- Your network hardware should be reset.
- Check to see if any software on your PC is interfering with your ability to connect via Uplay
- Port forwarding, and these are the ports you’ll need for Uplay PC: TCP: 443, 14000
- Check to see if an out-of-date configuration is blocking our connection.
- Obtain the most recent IP address of the web services to which you wish to connect.
- Look for different things that might interfere with your ability to connect.
5. Erros 17005 and 17016
Although the exact reason for this error is unknown, Ubisoft recommends that you contact them as soon as possible and share the following three log files with them:
- UPLAY PC LOGS
6. Any other Uplay error that might occur
If you receive any other error messages, try one of the options indicated above, most importantly:
- Using Uplay with administrative privileges
- Identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
- Install Uplay 7 from scratch.
7. Use a reliable VPN service
Many of the problems mentioned above can be avoided using a third-party VPN service to access Uplay.
This tool allows you to customize your privacy settings and view your selected content from many servers worldwide. You’ll be able to use the platform easily and enjoy long gaming sessions without experiencing bandwidth throttling or slowdown.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What should I do if I get an uplay installation error?
Problems with the installation folder – Uplay may have trouble installing the game in your chosen location. This can be fixed by putting the game in a separate directory or renaming and renaming the folder to force Uplay to re-scan it!
2. What should I do if I get a Ubisoft Online Service error?
When attempting to use the online services, this error message indicates a problem with your Ubisoft account’s authentication. If you’re playing on a console, try disconnecting and reconnecting your console account. If not, resetting your Ubisoft account password should cure the problem.
3. What is the procedure for reinstalling Uplay?
To install Ubisoft Connect PC, follow these steps. Install the most recent version of Ubisoft Connect PC on your computer. With administrator access, run the installer file you downloaded. To finish the installation, follow the on-screen directions.
4. I Have A Working fix for ubisoft connect not letting you login on
5. Uplay has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown