Here we can see, “How to: Fix Dungeon Siege 2 No Mouse Pointer”
- The lack of a mouse cursor in Dungeon Siege 2 will prevent you from playing the game, but there is a solution.
- The quickest solution to resolve this issue is to use specialized and dependable software to ensure that the drivers are updated.
- As described in this post, changing the resolution will help you permanently resolve this problem.
- If the main menu in Dungeon Siege 2 for Steam does not have a mouse, try running the game in windowed mode.
Dungeon Siege is one of the best games that blends role-playing aspects with high-octane, over-the-top combat.
Some customers have reported that when playing Dungeon Siege 2 in Windows 10, there is no mouse pointer and no error message indicating what should be done next to resolve the issue.
Keep reading because we’ll show you precisely what you need to do to cure the Dungeon Siege problem in Windows 10 when the mouse cursor is missing.
How can I get the mouse pointer back in Dungeon Siege 2?
1. Make use of a specialist piece of software
The majority of situations where the mouse does not work correctly have a lot to do, if not all, with faulty or outdated drivers.
Old or incompatible drivers are the source of some of the most prevalent Windows issues and malfunctions. Lag, system issues, and even BSoDs can occur if your system is out of the current.
2. Make a resolution change
- Right-click on the game in your Steam library to open it.
- Select Properties after that.
- Select Browse Local Files from the drop-down menu.
- Open Dungeon Siege Video Conf and adjust the resolution to the highest setting.
- Then, from within this folder, execute Dungeon Siege.exe.
- Restart the game to see if the issue has been resolved.
If this solves your Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse on the Steam problem, keep in mind that you’ll need to run the game from the installation directory every time.
You can also make a shortcut to the.exe file and save it to your Desktop for quick access.
3. Switch to a different compatibility mode
- Go to the Steam folder under Program Files.
- After that, go to the steamapps folder and open the Common folder.
- Locate the DungeonSiege2.exe file in the Dungeon Siege 2 folder.
- Choose Properties from the context menu when right-clicking the.exe file.
- Check the compatibility box under the Compatibility tab. Use compatibility mode to run this software. Choose the Windows version you want.
It’s possible that you’ll have to experiment with several options until you find the compatibility mode that works best for you.
If there is no mouse on the main menu in Dungeon Siege 2 for Steam, hopefully, this remedy can help.
4. Modify the launch options
- Launch the Steam Library.
- Right-click Dungeon Siege 2 and select Properties from the menu.
- Set the choices for the launch.
- Now type in and save the following:
fullscreen=false width=1920 height=1080
By following these steps, you can force the game to run in windowed mode at a given resolution. Remember that you can use any other resolution that is compatible with your display.
Check if there is still no mouse in Dungeon Siege 2 on Steam after making this adjustment.
5. Download and play the game from GOG
We recommend switching to a different platform if you’ve followed all of the procedures up to this point and still don’t have a mouse in Dungeon Siege 2.
Try playing the game from GOG to see if the problem persists. The game should run flawlessly on GOG, so give it a shot.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What can I do if my mouse cursor does not appear?
A. If you’re using a laptop, try pressing the key combination on your keyboard that turns your mouse on and off. Fn plus F3, F5, F9, or F11 is usually the combination (it depends on the make of your laptop, and you may need to consult your laptop manual to find it out).
2. How do I re-establish my cursor?
Press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Tab’ until the ‘Pointer Options’ tab appears, or press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Tab’ until the ‘Pointer Options’ tab appears. Select ‘Show location of cursor when I hit the CTRL key’ from the drop-down menu, or press ‘Alt’+’S’ on the keyboard to tick the box. To confirm and exit mouse properties, click ‘OK’ or press ‘Enter.’
3. What is the procedure for turning on the cursor on my laptop?
- To use the touchpad, press the Windows key, type touchpad, and then press Enter. Alternatively, press Windows key + I to access Settings and select Devices, then Touchpad from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle the Touchpad toggle switch to the On position in the Touchpad settings box.
4. Dungeon Siege 2 Steam cursor fix? (without windowed mode)
5. Dungeon Siege II Workaround for issues : r/pcmasterrace