Here we can see “feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070020”
In this article, we’re getting to mention error code 0x80070020, which reportedly prevents users from installing a replacement version of Windows 10.
Since installing the freshest Windows 10 release is very advisable, we can’t let this error persevere there forever. So, we’ve prepared a few solutions, which will be appropriate for handling error code 0x80070020 in Windows 10.
How am I able to solve Windows 10 update error 0x80070020?
Error code 0x80070020 can prevent you from installing the newest updates. Speaking of update issues, users also reported the subsequent problems:
- Error 0x80070020 Windows 7: This error can appear on older versions also. Albeit these solutions are intended for Windows 10, most of them are often applied to older versions of Windows, so be happy to undertake them out.
- Download error – 0x80070020 Windows 10 – Sometimes, this error can appear while downloading the newest Windows 10 builds. If that happens, restart Windows Update components and check if that helps.
Solution 1 – Disable your antivirus
Third-party antivirus programs and Windows aren’t the simplest friends ever. Unfortunately, having a third-party antivirus installed on your computer can cause more harm than you’d hope for.
That conflict can cause malfunctions of varied Windows features, including Windows Update.
If you’re employing a third-party antivirus, you would possibly want to undertake to change its settings and check if that helps. In some cases, you would possibly want to disable your antivirus to unravel this problem completely.
Even if you disable your antivirus, Windows 10 has its antivirus in sort of Windows Defender, so your PC won’t be in any danger.
In some cases, you would possibly even need to remove your antivirus to unravel this issue completely. However, if removing the antivirus solves the matter, you should consider switching to a special antivirus solution.
There are many great antivirus tools, but one among the simplest is BullGuard, so if you’re trying to find a replacement antivirus, you would possibly want to undertake this tool. This application is fully compatible with Windows 10, and it won’t interfere with it in any way.
If you would like to remove your antivirus software from the PC completely, there’s a passionate guide for Norton users that will assist you to do exactly that. However, if you’re a McAfee user, don’t worry. There’s an identical guide for you, too.
Not satisfied together with your current antivirus? Need a better one that gives more features? Take a glance here to seek out the simplest ones on the market right now!
Solution 2 – Restart BITS
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) may be a Windows process liable for delivering updates to your computer. So, if this process gets corrupt, you’ll have problems receiving updates.
To form it work again, we should always restart BITS and check out to run Windows Update once more. So here’s exactly what you would like to do:
- Press Windows Key +R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
- Find Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Right-click and open Properties.
- On the General tab, find Startup type and choose Automatic.
- If the BITS isn’t running, right-click and choose Start.
- Confirm the selection and shut window.
If nothing’s wrong with BITS, advance to a different solution.
Solution 3 – Reset Windows Update services
Windows Update relies on various services to figure properly. Therefore, if there are any issues with Windows Update, you would possibly be ready to fix them by resetting Windows Update services.
This is relatively straightforward, and to try to do this; you would like to run a couple of commands in prompt. to try to do that, follow these steps:
- Start promptly as administrator.
- When prompt starts, run the subsequent commands:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
After running these commands, check if the matter with Windows Update is resolved. If you don’t want to enter these commands manually, you’ll perform this solution using the Windows Update reset script.
- Windows update error 0x80070020 in Windows 10
I have Windows 10 on my PC. When getting to settings, I see that my version is out of date and should update. When doing the updates, I buy error 0x80070020. Tried several times without success.
- Windows Update Error 0x80070020 when trying to put in KB4056892.
I got this error ever since I attempted to put in the newest update for Build 16299. It fails. It gets stuck at 47% after restart (30%) then says We couldn’t finish installing the updates. Undoing changes multiple times. Then it tries again and again without results. I attempted everything besides the in-place and clean install methods, still doesn’t work. After using DISM and sfc to revive the system, it visited 35%, then to 100%, and “installed” the update. The build number still says 16299.125, not 16299.192 after the supposedly “successful” update. Now it’s downloading the update again.
- Windows 10 Feature Update , version 2004. Error (0x80070020).
Windows 10 Feature Update , version 2004. Error (0x80070020).
I am running Windows 10 version 1909(2). What am I able to do? How do I remove it? It did not install
- Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 – Error 0x80070020
Can someone please help me with the error mentioned above? I had windows installed before, had it upgraded till the 1803 version of Windows 10. Still, it got corrupted when I tried to use the recent cumulative update for that version, so I reinstalled windows, and that I had the 1607 version, which is pretty old, now I’m cursed with this version, have tried several times several methods mentioned by your people and zip worked, I keep it up getting this error every single time, and that I cant move forward this sucks, in dire need of assistance here?
- Windows 10 version number 1903, Windows updates can’t be installed from May 2020