Here we can see, “How to enable dark theme in File Explorer on Windows 10”
- Choosing a dark theme in File Explorer is a good idea to avoid eye strain.
- To do so, follow the instructions below and discover how to change the accent colors quickly.
- You can also look through our Windows 10 Guides area for similar lessons.
- Finally, knowing where to seek advice in times of need is critical. Simply save this Tech Tutorials Hub to your bookmarks.
Users have been requesting a dark theme for File Explorer for a long time. We only knew about it because of rumors, but things have since changed for the better.
Users worldwide are anxious to get their hands on Windows 10 and are looking for ways to enable it as soon as feasible.
Is this also the case for you? We can only advise you to stick to your guns. Later on, your eyes will thank you.
The pane, ribbons, menus, popup dialogs, and background are all available in various shades of black in this gloomy theme.
So, don’t spend any more time and check out the comprehensive instructions for enabling this dark theme in File Explorer.
How can I enable a dark theme in File Explorer?
1. Enable the File Explorer dark theme
- Go to Settings to begin the procedure.
- Then select Personalization from the drop-down menu.
- Select Colors from the drop-down menu.
- You only need to pick Dark for the Choose your default app mode option under the More settings section.
- Leave Settings once you’ve completed these steps. You can now open File Explorer and confirm that you like the new appearance.
2. Change the accent colors
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Colors once again.
- You’ll discover a wide range of colors to choose from here.
- You can also select a custom accent color from the drop-down menu.
- You can skip this step if you check the box that says, “Automatically pick an accent color for my backdrop.”
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t my File Explorer darkened?
The File Explorer Dark Mode is only compatible with the usual Windows themes. As a result, the File Explorer Dark Mode not working problem could be caused by custom themes. The following actions should be followed to restore the default Windows theme: To access the themes, go to Settings > Personalization > Themes.
2. How can I make Windows 10’s File Explorer dark?
- From the right-click menu on your desktop, select Personalize.
- In the left pane, select Colors by clicking or tapping on it.
- To use the Dark Theme in File Explorer, select Dark.
- The environment dims as well.
- Dark Mode in File Explorer.
3. How do I change the appearance of File Explorer?
In Explorer, right-click a folder and choose Properties. Then click the Customize tab, which is located just below. Change the icon by pressing the Change Icon button. From the System32 folder, select a different icon for the folder.
4. Found a way to enable dark mode everywhere in windows 10
5. Enable Dark Theme in File Explorer in Windows 10 – Reddit