Here we can see, “Dropbox Sync Icons Missing on Windows 10”
- Searching the Internet for the best cloud storage solutions has become second nature for some people. Dropbox was your option, but it isn’t without flaws.
- When Dropbox falls short of your expectations, Sync comes to the rescue as a dependable storage provider with expanded collaboration capabilities.
Dropbox is one of the greatest cloud storage services available, allowing users to view and edit their files on any device, at any time and from any location, share files, and back up their work automatically.
This service is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application that works with several Windows 10 features like Windows Hello, Live Tiles, and Notifications.
Dropbox is a dependable tool, but Microsoft’s newest operating system users may run into troubles when using it.
Users have frequently complained that the Dropbox sync symbols do not appear in Windows 10, particularly after upgrading to this OS.
What can I do if Dropbox sync icons are missing?
1. Reinstall the latest version of the Dropbox desktop application
There may be a brief Dropbox problem that causes issues with Dropbox sync icons in some circumstances. One solution is to restart Dropbox and see if it resolves the problem.
On the other hand, if your Dropbox installation is broken, you may have issues with sync icons. You may simply resolve this issue by reinstalling Dropbox.
After uninstalling Dropbox, download the most recent version and reinstall it. The issue with sync icons should be resolved after updating to the newest version.
2. Try out a different cloud storage solution
You’re used to not wasting valuable storage space on your computer when you can store your stuff in the cloud.
However, you won’t be able to enjoy this experience because of the Dropbox sync icons difficulties. That is why it is time to discuss an alternative that does not require you to hand over your hard-earned money.
Sync is one of the few free cloud services that can simply ensure the privacy of your personal files. Unauthorized access is not permitted at any time.
Other advanced collaboration capabilities, like as file requests, permissions, and expiry dates, ensure that you’re well-organized and ready to go.
3. Customize the notification area
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Navigate to the Personalization area of the Settings app after it has opened.
- Choose Taskbar from the right pane. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar from the Notification area section.
- Locate Dropbox on the list, turn it off, and wait a few minutes. Turn on Dropbox once more.
Because Dropbox icons aren’t set to appear on the Taskbar, you can have issues with Dropbox sync icons.
The problem should be totally repaired after that, and the sync icons should appear again.
4. Unlink and relink your computer to Dropbox
- Go to the account menu and select it.
- Select Settings > Security from the drop-down menu.
- Click the X for the machine you want to unlink in the Devices section.
- From the desktop app, reconnect your Windows machine.
Some users report that merely unlinking your computer from Dropbox will solve the problem. You won’t lose any synchronized files because this is only temporary.
Simply follow the steps outlined above to unlink your account.
5. Hack the Registry
- Enter regedit by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Go to
- Dropbox overlays will appear if they are in the first 15 spots.
- If the Dropbox overlays aren’t in the first 15 slots, right-click the Dropbox files, select Rename, and then put a space before the Dropbox files’ names to move them to the top.
If your Dropbox sync symbols aren’t showing up, your registry could be the problem. The number of overlay icons that Windows can load is limited to 15.
Simply follow the steps above to prioritize the Dropbox sync icon overlays.
6. Remove other cloud storage software
Other cloud storage applications, according to users, might sometimes interact with Dropbox, causing Dropbox sync symbols to disappear.
However, you can easily resolve this issue by uninstalling any additional cloud storage program from your computer.
However, there are other options using uninstaller software like Revo Uninstaller is the most effective.
In case you’re unfamiliar, Uninstaller software is a particular tool that can remove any application from your PC, together with all of its files and registry data.
If you remove any additional cloud storage applications from your computer, the problem should be totally resolved.
Other apps with status icons and cloud storage services can cause this problem to emerge, so if you have any other applications that utilize sync icons similar to Dropbox, make sure to remove them.
7. Restart explorer.exe
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Now you’ll see a list of applications that are currently executing. Right-click on Windows Explorer and select Restart from the menu.
Check if the problem with Dropbox sync icons persists after Windows Explorer has restarted.
Keep in mind that this is only a temporary fix, and you’ll have to repeat the process if the problem repeats.
If the Dropbox sync icons are missing, restarting explorer.exe may be able to resolve the issue. There may be difficulties in your system from time to time, and in order to fix them, you must restart Windows Explorer.
8. Move your Dropbox folder
- Select the gear icon from the Dropbox icon in the system tray.
- Select Sync > Move from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a new Dropbox directory location and wait for Windows to move all your data.
Dropbox sync icons may be missing in some circumstances due to the location of your Dropbox folder. If your Dropbox folder is located in your PC’s root directory, it may create these and other issues.
The problem should be rectified if you simply move your Dropbox folder.
9. Install the latest updates
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the Update & Security section of the menu.
- Click the Check for Updates button in the right pane.
Dropbox sync icons may not appear on your PC in some circumstances owing to system difficulties.
If your system is out of the current, this could be a problem, and you’ll need to install the missing updates to correct it.
Windows 10 downloads are missing updates automatically by default, but you can always check for updates manually by following the steps outlined above.
If any updates are available, they will automatically be downloaded in the background. After you’ve updated the updates, restart your computer to see whether the problem with Dropbox sync icons persists.
10. Disable OneDrive
- Choose Settings from the menu when you right-click the OneDrive symbol on your sysbar.
- Now go to the Account area and select Unlink this PC from the drop-down menu. Select Unlink this account from the drop-down menu.
OneDrive is included with Windows 10, and if you’re having trouble with Dropbox sync icons, you may need to turn it off.
It’s quite easy to do, and you may do it by following the steps above. After that, OneDrive will be disabled, and the problem should be rectified fully.
11. Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows Key + S and type system restore to restore your system. Select Make a backup of your data.
- Click the System Restore button when the System Properties box appears.
- The window for System Restore will now appear. To continue, click Next.
- Check the Show more restore points option if it’s available. Click Next after selecting the desired restore point.
- To finish the repair, follow the directions on the screen.
If this problem has only recently arisen, you may be able to resolve it by doing a System Restore. Follow these steps to do so:
Check to see whether the problem persists after your system has been restored. If not, the problem could have been caused by a newly installed application.
If you’ve discovered any more workarounds, please post them in the comments area below.
Keep in mind that Dropbox is still a fantastic cloud storage option. The missing sync icons are a major issue, and while we’re on the subject of Dropbox issues, here are some other issues that customers have reported:
- Dropbox icon isn’t showing up on Windows 10 – This issue can occur on Windows 10, but it is not limited to that version of Windows. If you encounter this problem, give some of our remedies a shot.
- Dropbox icons are not appearing in the system tray – The icons do not always appear in the system tray. If you run across this issue, make a few registry adjustments, and the problem should go away.
- Dropbox green checkmark missing – This problem can arise with green checkmark icons occasionally. Whether this occurs, restart Dropbox to see if the problem persists. Alternatively, try reinstalling Dropbox and see if that helps.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What happened to Dropbox’s Sync tab?
Click the Dropbox icon (Mac) in your taskbar (Windows), or menu bar click the Dropbox icon (Mac). Near the top, select the Sync history tab. If files are syncing, they will appear in the order in which they will be synced next.
2. Why has Dropbox’s synced stopped working?
App compatibility is another source of problems with Dropbox for Android. If an app doesn’t support Dropbox, it won’t automatically sync with it. You’ll have to replace the file to use it somewhere else manually. Dropbox will minimize background activity when your device’s battery life is low to save battery life.
3. Is there any file sync software in Windows 10?
The second version. Second Copy is primarily a backup program, but it may also be used to sync files on Windows 10. This tool keeps track of the source files and updates the backup with any new or altered information.
4. Icons and green checkmarks, this happend after i got dropbox
5. Windows 10 app sync errors. But actually there are no errors?