Here we can see, “How to: Fix 3g Usb Dongle Doesn’t Install Properly in Windows 10”
- You could have had problems after plugging in a 3G USB dongle and restarting your computer.
- The quickest way to restart the 3G USB dongle is to reinstall it after checking for updates with Windows but keep the USB attached throughout this time.
- If the issue continues, you should check your Windows Firewall and antivirus programme and perform some hardware and device troubleshooting.
If you have attempted to install a 3G USB dongle on a Windows 10 computer, you may have run into problems after restarting or shutting down the operating system.
At first, the installation appears to go smoothly, but it restarts when you restart Windows 10 and insert the 3G USB dongle back in. This time, though, the computer refuses to acknowledge the gadget.
How can I fix 3G USB dongle issues on Windows 10?
1. Temporarily disable your antivirus/firewall
Your firewall and antivirus software can potentially classify the USB dongle or its drivers as dangerous and prevent installation.
Therefore, as a starting point, consider disabling your firewall and antivirus software while installing. Once the 3G UBS Dongle is installed, you can activate antivirus protection.
2. Reinstall the USB Dongle driver
- Click Start, then select Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc into the Run dialogue box and hit Enter.
- The 3G USB Dongle driver should be located in the Device Manager window (it should be located under Modems).
- Uninstall it by doing right-clicking on it.
- Restart the Windows 10 computer.
- When the device begins copying the executable file for the 3G USB dongle, right-click on it.
- Pick Properties from the menu.
- Activate the Compatibility tab.
- Select Use compatibility mode for this program.
- Choose the operating system for which this USB Dongle driver was compatible from the drop-down menu.
- Press Apply.
- Right-click the driver executable file and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- To complete the installation procedure, adhere to the on-screen directions.
- Check to determine if your 3G USB Dongle is functioning correctly after a device reboot.
3. Keep your 3G USB dongle permanently connected
When you restart your Windows 10 computer, keep the 3G Dongle USB plugged in:
According to reports, if the 3G USB dongle is connected in during driver installation and is left there, rebooting the operating system should not cause any problems.
You may have more difficulties removing the USB dongle from the device and restarting the operating system. You will then be prompted to install it again.
4. Run Windows Update
Make sure your machine is running the most recent OS version.
It’s important to note that Windows Update automatically updates your computer’s drivers, so you may use this technique to update the drivers for your 3G USB dongle.
You must manually press the Check for updates option in the Update & Security area of your system settings.
5. Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- In your gadget. Go to Update & Security under Settings.
- From the option on the left, choose Troubleshoot.
- Click Run the troubleshooter under Hardware and Devices after scrolling down.
6. Contact your 3G USB dongle manufacturer
If nothing works, try contacting the maker of your dongle for assistance. They will provide you with more details on how to solve this issue and turn on an Internet connection for your PC as soon as possible.
Here are some of the top options right now if you want to get a new 3G dongle for your Windows 10 smartphone. Or, if you want faster speeds, a 4G dongle is something you must get.
These are some fixes for the 3G USB dongle problems. We hope at least one of them was successful.
Additionally, if you need any additional assistance with this matter, kindly let us know in the comments box below, and we will assist you as soon as we can.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Windows 10, how can I install a dongle?
Connect the dongle to your PC using a USB connection. Likely, Windows 10 will automatically set up the connection for you if you’re using it. Click on the computer / Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar’s lower right corner (systray) to verify this and see if a “Cellular” tile appears.
2. What is the best way to connect my USB dongle to Windows 10?
If proprietary software is available, run it before using your Windows laptop to connect to the internet. Check to determine if Windows has installed a cellular adapter if you’re having trouble connecting. Then select “Change adapter options” from the list on the right under “Network Connections.” Once finished, you will discover the dongle there.
3. My Windows 10 USB install won’t work; why?
Because of a broken or corrupted USB, insufficient storage space on your computer, or hardware incompatibility, Windows 10 won’t install from a USB. The best answer is to install the OS via a different method if your PC isn’t incompatible with it.
4. My internet is dead and I need help : r/techsupport – Reddit
5. Internet troubleshooting be like : r/pcmasterrace – Reddit