Here we can see, “windows media creation tool not enough space”
You’ll need the Windows Media Creation Tool to upgrade your Windows system; yet, the not enough space error may occur and stop you from upgrading the system successfully. At this point, you want to want to repair the error so on finish the upgrading process. Considering this, I’d wish to share some useful methods with you.
To install a Windows system on a computer or device, you’ll need the assistance of installation media, like bootable USB flash drive and bootable CD/DVD. Microsoft makes such work easy to end in Windows 10. Why? that that’s because the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is provided to assist you in creating the installation media or downloading an ISO file quite easily.
Windows Media Creation Tool Not Enough Space Error
- If the free space on the target drive isn’t sufficient for storing the file, the not enough space error may appear in Media Creation Tool.
- In addition, albeit there’s enough disc space, the Windows Media Creation not enough space will still occur.
That’sThat’s why I’m scripting this article: to assist you fix the Media Creation Tool not enough space error.
Media Creation Tool Error Cases
Case 1: Media Creation Tool needs alternate disk switch.
I have a POS Lenovo IdeaPad 110s-11IBR, which only has 32 GB SSD; Windows update fails because there’s not enough free space for the v1709 package. Therefore I attempted using MediaCreationTool to organize a flash drive with the autumn Creators Edition upgrade, but this failed because it requires 8 GB free space on the C:\ drive. I even have a Micro SD card with many spaces, but how do I make the tool use it?
Case 2: Windows Media Creation Error – “There is not enough space on the disk”.
When I attempt to run this process to make an ISO of Windows 8 Pro, I buy the message above. Does anyone know what the minimum requirements are for how much disk drive space I want for this to work? I currently have 5.08GB available. Thanks!
In the following paragraphs, I will introduce some practical solutions to troubleshoot this error on a Windows 10 computer.
How to Fix Not Enough Space Error in Windows 10
If you happen to ascertain not enough space error in Media Creation Tool when downloading the Windows ISO, please attempt to fix it quickly.
Fix One: Free up Disk Storage on C Drive
If you discover Windows Media Creation Tool does not have enough space on C, the subsequent steps will assist you in fixing the matter.
- Click on the Windows button located within the lower-left corner of the Windows 10 screen.
- Scroll right down to find the Windows Administrative Tools folder.
- Expand the folder to pick Disk Cleanup.
- Select the drive you would like to wash up within the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection window. (Select C: because the target drive.)
- Click on the OK button to verify.
- Disk Cleanup will calculate what proportion space you’ll free up; await the calculating process to end.
- A window will crop up, listing the files which will be deleted. Would you please select those you don’t need? (Recycle Bin and, therefore, the download folder should be selected.)
- Click on the OK button to verify.
- Hit the Delete Files button to delete them permanently.
- Wait for the deletion to finish.
Sometimes, you’ll find that you have cleaned the files that are still useful for you. you want to want to urge them back; please take a glance at this page to find out how:
Fix Two: Clean Install Windows OS
- Back up all of your personal files to a drive. (MiniTool Shadow Maker )
- Create a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 ISO.
- Keep the bootable USB drive connected to your computer and reboot it.
- Clean install Windows 10 on the local disk drive by following the on-screen instructions.
1.How much space does Windows Media Creation Tool take up?
You must have sufficient free space to store your hard disc or solid-state drive for the installation files. Microsoft recommends you’ve got a minimum of 8 GB of free space. However, the ISO file we last downloaded had 4.24 GB for the 64-bit version of Windows 10.
2.How do I install Windows 10 when not enough space?
Free up space on your device
Open your Recycle Bin and take away deleted files.
Open your Downloads and delete any files you do not need. …
If you continue to need more room, Open your Storage Use.
This will open Settings > System > Storage.
Select Temporary Files and delete any files you do not need.
3.Media creation tool error “”not enough space””
4.I need help with the Windows Media Creation Tool
5.Not enough space on the drive
The system checks what proportion space is free on your main drive, and if but 8 GB, it’ll not install. It’s not associated with space on a removable drive.
Generally, this is often not a problem, apart from small drives, e.g., 32GB tablets. However, I had the same problem on my tablet and had to urge rid of some stuff to get it to figure.
It isn’t very pleasant; I’ll not allow you to download iso using MCT unless that space is out there. So instead, you’ll download iso directly using the link below.
On RTM version 10240, it allowed you to put in if you probably did not have enough spare space if you had a USB drive inserted.