Here we can see, “This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine”
- One of the most prevalent problems in the Windows operating system is This copy of Windows is not authentic.
- You can use the RSOP approach to try to fix the issue that appears on your Windows screen. RSOP stands for Resultant Set of Policy Window.
Windows is not genuine: Here’s how to remove this alert
One of the most prevalent problems in the Windows operating system is This copy of Windows is not authentic.
As a result of this issue, the desktop wallpaper you’ve set will turn dark, the battery life on your laptop will diminish as this message continues flashing up, and so on.
If you don’t delete this notice, some Windows 10 functions will stop working. This alert can be bothersome, especially if you’re working on anything important because it appears at regular intervals.
You can still do other things on your computer, such as finish your work and use it normally.
The main cause of this issue on your computer is that you did not activate your Windows license once the trial period ended.
This error can also occur if the license for the Windows operating system you’re running has expired or been disabled.
Additionally, suppose you share your Windows license with others, such as friends or family members. In that case, Microsoft may suspend your license owing to multiple computer usage or numerous attempts to activate the same license.
This post will show you how to fix the error if it appears on your Windows machine.
How can I fix Windows is not genuine errors?
Solution 1: Use the RSOP command
By following the steps below, you can attempt to resolve the issue displayed on your Windows screen using the RSOP method, where RSOP stands for Resultant Set of Policy Window:
- To open the Run window, press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard.
- There, type rsop.msc and hit the Enter key.
- Go to Windows settings, select Security system, and then System services.
- Look for Plug and play services, right-click on it, look for Startup, and click on Automatic.
- As in the first step, press the Windows and R buttons together and type gpupdate/force into the Run box.
- Your computer should be restarted.
Solution 2: Use SLMGR-REARM command
You may address this problem in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, as well as all versions of Windows, by utilizing Command Prompt and a simple command:
- By clicking on Start, typing cmd in the search box, and then right-clicking on Command prompt and selecting Run as administrator, you can run Command prompt as an administrator.
- SLMGR–REARM, or SLMGR /REARM are the two options.
- A confirmation window will appear; click OK to proceed and restart your computer.
Solution 3: Check if your license is really legitimate
Suppose you paid for a license and afterward discovered that it was a fake. In that case, you can contact Microsoft and report the counterfeit software to see what happens.
You should also contact your seller, as Microsoft assistance will most likely only assist you in resolving the issue if you purchased Windows OS through the Microsoft store.
Solution 4: Run the Microsoft Genuine Advance Diagnostic Tool
The Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool gives you extensive information about your system’s Microsoft Genuine Advantage components and settings.
It will enable you to automatically diagnose and resolve issues. Run the tool, copy the results to your clipboard, and then contact Microsoft for Genuine Windows technical help.
Download the tool, launch MGADiag.exe, and then click Continue to see the examination results.
There will be some useful information, such as the Validation Status, which will indicate whether the product key is valid or whether it is a blacklisted corporate key.
You may also receive a notification if the LegitCheckControl.dll file has been tampered with. For example, there may be a crack in your Windows installation.
Click the Resolve button if the tool can help you with a problem.
Solution 5: Uninstall update KB971033 if you are using Windows 7
If you’re running Windows 7, the KB971033 update could be the source of your issue.
If you understand what I’m saying, If this copy of Windows isn’t authentic, it’s because Windows has a new file that can detect your Windows operating system.
As a result, removing the following update is required to resolve this issue.
- Activate the Control Panel
- Navigate to the Windows Update area.
- Select View installed updates from the menu bar.
- Check for and delete update KB971033 after installing all other updates.
- Start your computer again.
Solution 6: Turn off updates
Turn off automatic Windows updates to ensure that the This copy of Windows is not authentic and the notice does not reappear.
To disable automatic Windows updates, follow these steps:
- First, you can access the Control panel by pressing the Start button.
- Next, go to the Windows Update menu.
- Select Install Updates Automatically from the Install Updates menu. Never look for new updates (Not Recommended)
- To modify the setting, click Apply and restart your computer.
Overall, we hope the procedures outlined above successfully resolved the problem message stating that your copy of Windows is not authentic.
Other approaches may exist, but these are the most straightforward.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What does it imply if your computer tells you that the copy of Windows you’re using isn’t genuine?
For Windows users who have “cracked” the OS version for free from a third-party source, the “This copy of Windows is not genuine” error is a vexing problem. This notice indicates that you are running a false or non-original version of Windows, which the computer has detected.
2. How can I remedy the fact that my copy of Windows isn’t genuine?
- Enter a Valid Product Key.
- Reset the information about the license.
- The Plug and Play Policy should be disabled.
- Make sure you’ve got the right registry permissions.
- Remove the KB971033 Update from your computer.
- Malware should be checked on your computer.
- Windows should be reinstalled.
3. Is it necessary for me to use real Windows?
Yes. Critical security upgrades will continue to be available. On the other hand, many updates are only available to consumers who have genuine Windows versions. Therefore, we strongly advise you to obtain genuine Microsoft software as soon as possible to keep yourself safe while using your computer.
4. This copy of windows is not genuine – Reddit
5. “This copy of Windows is not genuine” : r/techsupport – Reddit