Here we can see, “How to: Install Windows Defender Browser Protection”
- Microsoft Defender Browser Protection is a fantastic online security add-on.
- This plugin was created to better safeguard your computer against online scams and malware.
- It’s simple to download and install on all browsers, and it’s as simple to remove.
- This security feature will not be able to compete with a third-party antivirus.
Windows Defender is the default antivirus program on Windows, but Microsoft has also produced a Chrome plugin called Windows Defender Browser Protection.
Using real-time data from Microsoft, the extension’s goal is to give better phishing and malware protection from multiple websites.
In today’s article, we’ll show you how to secure your computer by installing this antivirus extension in the most popular browsers.
What is Windows Defender Browser Protection, and how do I use it?
- Go to the Windows Defender Browser Protection page on the Chrome Web Store.
- Select Add to Opera from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Install option.
- To confirm, select Yes, install.
Because this browser is built on Chromium, you may install extensions from the Chrome Web Store on it as well.
Windows Defender Browser Protection will be deployed as a result of this. It’s worth noting that Opera contains a few security features that aren’t seen in other browsers.
To begin, there’s an ad blocker built-in that will disable tracking scripts and advertisements while also speeding up your surfing experience.
A built-in VPN with unlimited bandwidth is included for added security. Opera should be one of the most secure browsers on the market after installing this plugin.
- Go to the Chrome web store’s home page.
- Now, select Add to Chrome from the drop-down menu.
The Windows Defender Chrome extension is ready to use after it has been installed, and it will safeguard you while you are online.
3. Mozilla Firefox
- For Firefox, get the Application Guard Extension.
- To confirm, click the Add button.
- A new tab will appear now. Select Get it through the Microsoft Store from the drop-down menu.
- Install the necessary app.
Your Microsoft Defender Browser Protection add-on will be installed on Firefox after that, and your PC will be secured as well.
4. Microsoft Edge
- Go to the App & browser control section of Windows Security.
- Make sure Microsoft Edge’s SmartScreen is configured to Block or Warn.
Microsoft Edge comes with Microsoft Defender Browser Protection by default, and it works as long as your browser’s Smart Scan feature is turned on.
So, all you have to do now is follow the instructions above to see if it’s enabled.
5. For further security, use a third-party antivirus program
Windows Defender Browser Protection is a useful extension that will keep you safe online, but it will only protect you from a small number of dangers.
If you want to protect your PC properly, you’ll need to install a full-featured third-party antivirus.
The tool described below is used by over 110 million people worldwide, so you can see how trustworthy it is.
Its multi-layered security system will safeguard not just your PC but also all of your other devices, such as your webcam and router.
After reading this article, we hope that you will consider installing Windows Defender Browser Protection to protect your browser.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What is the procedure for installing Windows Defender in Chrome?
- Simply visit this URL in Chrome and select “Add to Chrome” to install the Microsoft browser extension.
- After that, select Add extension.
- The Windows Defender Browser Protection symbol will appear to the right of the address bar in Google Chrome once it has been installed.
2. How to enable or disable browsing protection
- Click Settings on the home page.
- Select Internet > Browsing protection from the drop-down menu.
- Select one of the following options: Select Turn on browsing protection to enable browsing protection.
- Click the OK button.
- If your browser is open, close it and restart it to implement the new settings.
3. Is Firefox protected by Windows Defender?
Microsoft Defender Application Guard Extension is a Chrome and Firefox add-on for Microsoft Defender. If a website that you don’t trust turns out to be harmful, it stays in Application Guard’s secure container, keeping your device safe.
4. is the Microsoft defender chrome extension good? : r/antivirus
5. Is Windows Defender enough protection? : r/Windows10