Here we can see, “How to: Fix Vpn Blocked by Telstra”
- Australian telecom company Telstra also offers Internet services. Unfortunately, many people complain that Telstra routers break their VPN connections.
- If you’re one of these users, you should alter your DNS settings, utilize an obscure VPN server, or turn the router firewall down. In this article, you may find more solutions.
Telstra is an Australian telecom company that provides mobile phones, TV, NBN, and broadband internet services.
Sadly, many Telstra customers claim that their VPN connections are unreliable. Here is everything you need to know if you’re one of them to resolve the issue with this ISP.
What can I do if Telstra VPN is not working?
1. Connect to obfuscated VPN servers
You can utilize the Obfuscation mode method to access websites that impose VPN access restrictions using Deep Packet Inspection.
It also goes by the name “stealth mode” and masks your VPN traffic as regular HTTPS traffic, making it impossible to detect.
VPN providers rarely support opaque servers. And NordVPN is the best provider that comes to mind. It has over 5,100 VPN servers spread over 59 nations.
The OpenVPN protocol and obfuscation mode are supported by NordVPN, making it the ideal choice for assisting you in getting through Telstra VPN restrictions.
More about NordVPN:
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Supports Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, Linux, and routers
- No logs or leaks
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No free trial
2. Connect to a different VPN server
The type of ISP that restricts well-known VPN IP addresses may be Telstra. If you’re using a free VPN, you’ll likely have this difficulty.
You should instead switch to a high-end VPN provider like NordVPN.
You can search through the many VPN servers it supports to get a VPN IP address that Telstra won’t block.
3. Use a different VPN protocol
Telstra may block the ports used by well-known VPN protocols. For example, Telstra may be limiting access to TCP port 1723 if you’re attempting to connect to the office remotely via PPTP.
If so, you can change to alternative protocols like OpenVPN, SSTP, or WireGuard.
4. Set up port forwarding
Rerouting all network traffic from one port to another is an alternative to modifying the VPN protocol. You can modify the settings for port forwarding or port mapping at the router level.
5. Change DNS settings
Telstra may be restricting your VPN connection if your VPN is using the ISP’s default DNS settings.
Modify your device’s DNS settings to fix the issue. To speed up your Internet connection and get beyond firewalls, most VPN clients operate dedicated DNS servers.
Use Google Public DNS, Cloudflare, or OpenDNS’s public and secure DNS servers as an alternative.
6. Set the Telstra firewall mode to low (not recommended)
Several Telstra consumers have claimed that their VPN connectivity issues were resolved by switching the Telstra firewall configuration to low. This configuration can be found in the router’s admin panel’s Admin section.
This workaround lowers router security, making your home network vulnerable to various web-enabled weaknesses like DDoS attacks; thus we can’t thoroughly recommend it.
Finding and adding your VPN to the Telstra modem’s whitelist is a safer option.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. VPN doesn’t connect no matter what I try and after days, I have …
2. r/australia – Here is how to bypass the ISP blocks on websites …
3. Issue with IPSEC tunnels over Telstra LTE : r/networking – Reddit