Here we can see, “No Sound After AVG Install on Windows 10 Computers”
- If you don’t hear anything on your PC after installing AVG, it may be interfering with your audio equipment.
- You can manually update your drivers or utilise a specialist program to fix this problem.
- Malware can potentially wreak havoc on your audio system. As a result, be sure to run a comprehensive scan on your computer.
- Another method that has worked for many customers is reinstalling AVG if it limits sound.
Some Windows users have reported that their audio equipment has stopped working after installing the AVG Antivirus application. We’ve got you covered if you fall into this category.
This issue can be caused by a virus or malware infection, missing system files, and outdated audio device driver, or the AVG installation process itself.
However, we have devised remedies to this sound problem, and if you follow them, your problem should be resolved.
What can I do if I’m having sound problems after installing AVG?
1. Use Windows Defender to do a comprehensive system scan
- Choose Settings by pressing the start button.
- Select Update & Security from the drop-down menu.
- Select Windows Security from the left pane, then Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click the Scan options button in the new window.
- To run an entire system malware scan, select the Full scan option.
Viruses and malware have the potential to harm your audio device. Run a comprehensive system scan on your computer to ensure that no viruses have infected it.
2. Use the CHKDSK command to check for errors
- Type command prompt in the Start menu.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click on it.
- Now put CHKDSK C: /F at the command prompt.
- As a result, in the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter: CHKDSK C: /R
- Restart your computer when the CHKDSK operation is completed and connect the second hard drive.
Another option for resolving the problem of no sound after installing AVG is to run CHKDSK on your hard drive.
Check Disk operation looks for and fixes disk errors, which could be the cause of your computer’s lack of sound. It also avoids the loss of program data.
3. Install the latest audio device driver
- Open Device Manager by going to Start and typing Device Manager in the search box.
- Locate the Sound, video, and game controllers area on the left pane and hit the arrow to enlarge it.
- To begin, right-click on the audio device driver and select Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- After the update, restart your PC.
Updating your audio device driver to the most recent version is another viable option. Device Manager can be used to update the driver.
However, we strongly advise you to utilize a tool that will automatically discover and download all of your Windows 10 computer’s outdated drivers.
Finding them on your own takes time, and you can end up installing the wrong ones, causing even more problems with your computer.
Old or incompatible drivers are the source of some of the most prevalent Windows issues and malfunctions. Lag, system issues, and even BSoDs can occur if your system is out of the current.
4. Reinstall the AVG antivirus software
- Type Control Panel into the Start menu. Choose it from the list of search results.
- Programs and features can be selected.
- Locate and uninstall AVG Antivirus in the Programs and Features window.
- Restart your computer after the uninstall is complete.
- To get the program, go to the official AVG website. You can also utilize the software CD from the last installation.
- Double-click the executable file to complete the new AVG installation and follow the prompts.
You should also think about reinstalling the AVG Antivirus application on your computer. Some Windows users stated that the sound problem was resolved after reinstalling the AVG problem.
On the other hand, Antiviruses can be a little stubborn when it comes to removing. If you run into problems, follow our step-by-step tutorial to uninstall AVG completely.
5. Use the System Restore option
- Hold down the power button until the message “Automatic Repair” appears.
- Select Troubleshoot-Advanced Options-System Restore from the Troubleshoot menu.
- Now choose your username and type in your password.
- To restore your PC, click Next, select the desired restore point, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Check to see whether the problem persists after your PC has been recovered.
System Restore is a Windows function that allows you to restore your system to a prior state and resolve any recent issues, particularly the sound problem.
If you want to learn more about System Restore, including its and how to use it, check out our dedicated tutorial.
6. Download and install Windows Update
- To get started, go to Start and put the update into the search box, then click Check for Update.
- Click the check for updates button in the Windows Update window, then install the available updates.
- Restart your Windows PC after the update is complete, and then test your audio equipment.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why can’t I get AVG to work on Windows 10?
Another reason AVG won’t install on your computer could be because of incompatibility concerns. The installation of AVG may be hampered if you’re using an out-of-date Windows version. To resolve this, we recommend that you check for available updates and update your PC to the most recent version of Windows.
2. How do I prevent AVG from being installed?
- Right-click the AVG symbol in the notification area of your Windows taskbar, then select the green slider next to Protection is ON from the option that displays.
- To confirm that you want to disable all AVG protection, click OK, then stop.
3. Why hasn’t AVG been functioning for me?
If AVG isn’t working properly on your computer, make sure you have the most up-to-date virus definitions and application upgrades. Furthermore, AVG may have difficulty eliminating some viruses and malware discovered during virus scans.
4. [WINDOWS 10] Sound stopped working overnight, no idea why.
5. No audio after recent update : r/Windows10 – Reddit