Here we can see, “How to Blur Backgrounds in Microsoft Teams”
- Microsoft Teams is a popular collaboration and remote work platform that is used by millions of people across the world.
- On Teams, millions of users utilize video conversations to communicate information and collaborate on common tasks quickly.
- Remember to obscure your background during video calls if you want to avoid embarrassing occasions. We’ll show you how to do that in this guide.
Microsoft Teams is a chat program that works on Windows, iOS, and Android. In addition, Microsoft Teams had a new blurred backdrop feature in 2018. This fantastic video call tool allows users to blur their backgrounds. As a result, users may join their video meetings without dealing with distracting backgrounds.
The blurred backdrop effect in Teams has specific technical requirements. Hardware with an Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2) CPU is required for effect. Users who don’t have hardware with Advanced Vector Extensions 2 processors won’t be able to use Teams’ blurred backdrop effect. An Office 365 subscription is also required for Teams users.
How can Users Blur Backgrounds in MS Teams?
- Launch the Teams app, which is a necessary (and likely self-evident) step.
- In Teams, choose a scheduled meeting to attend. It’s important to note that the meeting must be scheduled.
- Press the Join button to access the video options located just below.
- Then activate background blur by toggling the middle slider option. Before users choose to join the meeting, the background in the video should be blurred.
- To get started, click the Join Now button.
- After joining meetings, users can still obscure the backgrounds of videos. Click the dots button to bring up a menu, as shown in the image below.
- Select Blur my background from the drop-down menu.
- Users can disable the blurred background effect by clicking the button and selecting the Don’t blur background option.
To enable the blurred backdrop effect in Microsoft Teams, users only need to do one thing. Although some users may perceive blurred backdrops as more of a novelty, they can be useful for video conversations.
So, if you want to avoid any awkward moments during video conferencing, blur your background before joining the call.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is there a blur backdrop option in Teams’ online version?
For Teams browser clients, Microsoft has added support for background effects. However, only Microsoft-curated backdrop photos (including blur) appear to work; organization images and custom uploaded images do not appear to work.
2. On Microsoft Teams, why can’t I change my background?
Unfortunately, you can’t change your background while on the phone or at a conference. The backdrop blur is the sole effect available to you. If you have a lot of clutter behind you, blurring your background is a terrific way to cut down on distractions.
3. How can I alter a Microsoft team’s background before a meeting?
Toggle the switch between the video and microphone switches — which should show next to an icon of a person with a striped backdrop — to the on position to alter your background before a meeting. If you have any background settings, they will appear in the right-hand sidebar.
4. No option to blur background? : r/MicrosoftTeams – Reddit
5. MS Teams blur background when using a photo : r/microsoft