Here we can see, “How to: Use Display Driver Uninstaller on Windows 10”
- DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) is a handy utility for updating graphics card drivers.
- We’ll show you how to utilize this small piece of software and its functions in this article.
- It is recommended that the actions be carried out while the system is in Safe Mode.
- For both 32-bit and 64-bit computers, the program is compatible with older versions of Windows.
If you want to ensure optimal speed and stability on your Windows 10 PC, make sure you have the most recent drivers loaded.
However, issues with drivers might arise from time to time, and you may need to uninstall particular drivers from your computer.
You might be interested in a tool called DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller if you’re having troubles with your graphics card and need to remove its drivers.
Display Driver Uninstaller is a fantastic program, and we’ll go through the following topics in this article:
- Uninstall Nvidia drivers Windows 10 — If you’re having issues with your Nvidia drivers, you should be able to use this utility to remove them entirely.
- How to Use DDU – Display Driver Uninstaller is an easy utility to use, and we’ll show you how to use it properly in this article.
- Display Driver Uninstaller AMD, Intel, Nvidia — Display Driver Uninstaller is a program that can uninstall practically any graphics card driver from your computer. The program is compatible with AMD, Nvidia, and Intel drivers.
- Safe Mode for Display Driver Uninstaller – You should sometimes remove a driver from Safe Mode to remove it altogether. Display Driver Uninstaller can enter Safe Mode on your PC and remove the malfunctioning driver.
- Old Nvidia display driver deletion – If you want to remove old Nvidia drivers thoroughly, Display Driver Uninstaller could be the right program for you.
- Display Driver Uninstaller portable – Display Driver Uninstaller is a totally portable application that requires no installation.
- AMD display driver uninstall clean – If you’re having issues with AMD’s display driver and want to get rid of it completely, Display Driver Uninstaller is the program for you.
What exactly is Display Driver Uninstaller, and how does it work?
What is the purpose of Display Driver Uninstaller?
Display Driver Uninstaller is a third-party freeware tool that may be used to uninstall the drivers for your graphics device.
You might have problems with your graphics card at times, and you’ll need to reinstall the drivers to fix them.
You can always uninstall the graphics card driver using Device Manager or its specific uninstaller, but Display Driver Uninstaller allows you to remove the driver from your computer altogether.
When you uninstall specific drivers, they may leave behind installation packages or registry entries. Still, Display Driver Uninstaller will delete all files related with your graphics card, including installation packages and registry entries.
It’s possible that you won’t be able to uninstall the graphics card driver in Windows 10 owing to an error, which is why tools like Display Driver Uninstaller might be helpful.
If you’re concerned that a presently installed driver is causing problems on your PC, you can use this application to delete it from your computer entirely.
Because this is such a powerful tool, creating a System Restore point is recommended before using it. If something goes wrong while deleting the driver, you can quickly restore the System Recover point to your system.
Using Display Driver Uninstaller, uninstall the graphics card driver
- Display Driver Uninstaller’s latest version is available for download.
- The tool will be downloaded in the form of a 7z archive. Double-click the downloaded file to open it.
- You’ll be requested to extract the tool at this point. Select a location for the extract and then click Extract.
- To use the utility, double-click the Display Driver Uninstaller icon after being extracted.
- You should notice a warning message stating that using this program in Safe Mode is recommended. Simply select the Safe Mode option from the Launch option menu to boot into Safe Mode.
- Click the Reboot button after selecting Safe Mode. You can also use the Normal option from the Launch option menu to start the application without utilizing Safe Mode. The log will display your information about your graphics card when Display Driver Uninstaller launches. You can also select the graphics card driver from the right-hand option, although Display Driver Uninstaller should recognize your graphics card driver in most circumstances.
- On the left side, you’ll notice three buttons. Simply choose the Clean and restart button if you’re installing a new graphics card driver. If you’re installing a new graphics card, the Clean and Shutdown button can be used to uninstall the driver and switch off the computer. There’s also an option to clear the driver without restarting the system; however this can sometimes create minor PC troubles.
- Wait while Display Driver Uninstaller removes the driver after picking the desired option.
Display Driver Uninstaller works with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel drivers, and you must follow the instructions above to remove a driver from your system.
Your display driver will be entirely deleted after the PC restarts, and any driver-related difficulties with your graphics card will be rectified.
In Safe Mode, uninstall your graphics card drivers
- Hold the Shift key while pressing the Start button, then press the Power button. Select the Restart option while holding down the Shift key.
- Go to Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Startup Settings, and click Restart when your computer restarts.
- You’ll see a menu of choices. By selecting the proper number on your keyboard, you can select any version of Safe Mode.
- Run Display Driver Uninstaller after Safe Mode has started and uninstall your display driver according to the instructions above.
If you can’t go into Safe Mode with Display Driver Uninstaller, follow the steps above to run the tool directly from Safe Mode.
Don’t worry if it doesn’t work either; this step-by-step instruction will walk you through the process.
As you can see, Display Driver Uninstaller is a simple yet effective utility that you don’t need to install on your computer to use. This means that you can run this program without difficulty on any PC.
Display Driver Uninstaller is fully compatible with previous versions of Windows and supports both 32-bit and 64-bit systems in terms of compatibility.
We should also highlight that this program supports different languages, so there’s a good chance that your original tongue will be included in the list of translations.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is using a display driver uninstaller safe?
The programme can be used in Normal mode, however Safemode is always the best for absolute stability when using DDU. Make a backup or restore your system (but it should normally be pretty safe). To avoid problems, it’s preferable to keep any security software away from the DDU folder.
2. How do you use DDU in a safe manner?
If you want to start DDU in Safe Mode, click the OK button, pick ‘Options’ in the upper left-hand corner, and at the bottom click ‘Enable Safe Mode dialogue,’ then quit and relaunch DDU, selecting “Safe Mode (Recommended)” and clicking “Reboot to Safe Mode.”
3. Is it necessary for me to uninstall previous GPU drivers?
Uninstalling GPU drivers only through the operating system is typically not recommended, as the operation may leave certain residual files and folders that can still cause issues.
4. Can I have a step by step on how to use ddu to clean install
5. How do i use DDU? : r/Amd – Reddit