Here we can see, “How to: Fix Norton Antivirus Errors on Windows 10”
- Even if Norton is compatible with Windows 10, problems can occur due to internal defects, the presence of another antivirus program, or malware.
- You can download the software from your online account to fix most of these installation issues.
- If you’re having problems with various error codes, make sure to use the Norton-developed program.
- However, you might consider using another trustworthy antivirus that is AI-based and protects you against viruses and other threats.
Starting with version 220.127.116.11, released on July 20, 2015, Norton Antivirus is fully compatible with Windows 10, but difficulties may arise.
The antivirus software is compatible with Windows 10 versions, so you shouldn’t have any problems running Norton on the most recent version of Windows.
Because nothing in this world is flawless, users occasionally report Norton issues that prevent them from using the antivirus on Windows 10.
What should you do if Norton isn’t working properly on Windows 10? The most straightforward solution is to use Norton’s Autofix, which is built-in. Typically, Norton issues arise due to a poor or incomplete installation.
If this doesn’t work, try using the Norton Remove and Reinstall program or looking into your network proxy settings.
According to users, when users try to install or update the antivirus, the Norton security.exe application error notice appears. You can repair this by following the steps outlined below.
The most common Norton antivirus difficulties in Windows 10 that customers may encounter, as well as the possible fixes, are listed below.
What should I do if I’m having problems with Norton on Windows 10?
1. Go to the Norton Portal and download the antivirus
- Select Download Norton from the Norton portal. Log in to your Norton account through the Norton Portal.
- You must choose Agree & Download on the Get Started page.
- Locate the file and start the installer after it has finished downloading.
- To finish the installation, follow the on-screen directions.
If Norton isn’t showing up on Windows 10, it’s possible that it wasn’t installed correctly. Install the antivirus by going to your Norton Portal.
2. Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall program to uninstall and reinstall Norton products
- Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall utility to uninstall and reinstall Norton products. If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it first before downloading this tool.
- Accept the license terms by double-clicking the tool’s icon.
- Select Continue after clicking Remove & Reinstall.
- To complete the uninstall, click Restart Now.
- To reinstall your Norton antivirus, restart your computer and follow the on-screen directions.
Norton created this tool to assist you with various issues, such as installation glitches and update issues. As a result, it is a reliable app.
3. Make sure your Norton product is up to date
- Navigate to the Norton Update Center.
- Then, on the Update, Me Now page, click the Update Me Now button.
- Allow time for the tool to download.
- To launch the installer, double-click it.
- Wait for the procedure to complete and then follow any directions that appear on the screen.
The AutoDetectPkg.exe will be downloaded from the Norton Update Center. This program scans your system for installed products and directs you to the appropriate product download page with additional instructions.
Take a look at our dedicated guide if your Norton antivirus fails to update and discover what to do if this problem occurs on your computer.
4. Error 8504, 104 from Norton
- To remove Norton, run the Norton Remove and Reinstall the program.
- Uninstall any security software that isn’t from Symantec:
- Uninstall or alter an application from the Control Panel.
- Remove any apps that aren’t Symantec-related.
- Install the latest version of the video graphics driver:
- Search for Display Adapters in the Device Manager.
- Choose Properties from the right-click menu on the HD graphics card.
- Check for available updates on the Driver tab.
- Download and install the most recent graphics card driver version if updates are available.
- Your computer should be restarted.
If you’re running another security product, or if installation errors occurred while upgrading the antivirus, you’re likely to get this error.
According to Norton, check to see if your graphic adapter driver needs to be updated. That is why we have included instructions on how to update it.
To avoid problems, it’s usually preferable to keep your drivers up to date. As a result, utilize any of these excellent auto-detect driver software to have them updated automatically.
5. 3048,3 Norton Error
- Start Norton.
- Navigate to Security and then to LiveUpdate.
- Wait for the update to complete before clicking OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until you get the message. Your Norton product has the most recent protection updates.
- Restart the computer if necessary.
This error occurs when the most recent Norton antivirus update hasn’t been downloaded. If the steps above fail to resolve your problem, use the Norton Remove and Reinstall the program.
6. Errors 8506,421 and 3039,65559 in Norton
- To remove and reinstall the antivirus, use the Norton Remove and Reinstall utility and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If that doesn’t work, try downloading and running Norton Power Eraser:
- Double-click the NPE.exe file to launch it.
- If the UAC appears, click Yes or Continue to accept the license agreement.
- Wait for the tool to complete its scan. If a new version of Norton Power Eraser is available, Norton Power Eraser checks and automatically downloads it.
- Select Unwanted Application Scan from the Norton Power Eraser window and click Run Now.
- The scan findings are presented in the Unwanted Apps Scan Complete window once it is completed.
- The statement No Threats Found appears if no undesirable applications have been discovered on your computer. After that, click Done.
- If you see any undesirable programs, click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer if necessary.
These issues can often be resolved by restarting the machine. If the problem remains after restarting the computer, repeat the procedures above.
7. Error 8505, 129, Norton
Examine your network proxy settings
- In the search bar, type Internet options and then hit Enter. The Internet Options dialog box appears.
- Select LAN settings from the Connections tab.
- Ensure none of the Proxy server options is checked in the LAN settings box.
- To close the window, click OK.
On Windows, change the network connection settings
- To open Control Panel, go to the Search box and type control.
- To get started, go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu of the active network device.
- Go to Network Connection Properties in the Network Connection Properties window. The following components are used in this connection; then, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Then select Properties.
- Type the following two Norton ConnectSafe IP addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes:
- Preferred DNS: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Click the OK button.
- Conduct a Norton Power Eraser scan if this does not resolve the problem.
8. Make use of a third-party application
Norton is a trustworthy antivirus program, but as you can see, it has several flaws. As a result, you might consider replacing it with another tool.
When Norton refuses to install on Windows 10, even after following the steps above, you have no choice but to try another antivirus.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t Norton compatible with Windows 10?
Even if Norton is compatible with Windows 10, problems can occur due to internal defects, the presence of another antivirus programme, or malware. You can download the software from your online account to fix most of these installation issues.
2. What should I do if I get a Norton error?
- Open the Norton Device Security app on your computer. If you get the My Norton window, click Open next to Device Security.
- Click Help, then Get Support in the Norton product’s main window.
- Keep an eye on the progress in the Norton Autofix window.
- Close the window once the issue has been resolved.
3. Why hasn’t Norton been working for me?
This issue can occur as a result of a botched update. To fix the problem, restart the computer. If you still can’t run a scan, use the Norton Removal and Reinstall programme to remove and reinstall Norton.
4. Norton not working : r/antivirus – Reddit
5. What is wrong with norton anti-virus? : r/buildapc – Reddit