Here we can see, “How to: Fix Mouse Lag for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War”
- Mouse lag in Black Ops Cold War can occur for various causes, but there are multiple ways to resolve the problem.
- For some players, disabling specific mouse pointer settings may be enough to alleviate mouse lag.
- Another solution is to change the report rate settings and update your drivers.
- You can also fix mouse stutter caused by the Cold War by modifying your mouse settings.
There are a lot of COD: Mouse input difficulties have been noted by Black Ops players. In addition, some players have complained about mouse lag in Black Ops Cold War on the forums.
The term “mouse lag” refers to a lag in response time that occurs when players aim and move their mouse. It can disrupt gameplay in games like Black Ops and others.
How can I fix mouse lag in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War?
1. Update the drivers for your mouse and graphics hardware
First, utilize driver updater software to update your mouse and GPU drivers. If more recent drivers for your mouse and graphics card are available, driver updater software will show you.
Then, using the driver updater software, you can rapidly download and install the most recent drivers.
Old or incompatible drivers are the source of some of the most prevalent Windows issues and malfunctions. In addition, lag, system issues, and even BSoDs can occur if your system is out of the current.
2. Change the mouse settings in Black Ops
- Start playing Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
- Within Black Ops, go to the options screen.
- Select the Keyboard and Mouse tab from the drop-down menu.
- Set the Mouse Acceleration and Mouse Filter to 0.
- If it isn’t already disabled, disable Mouse Smoothing.
- Experiment with different Sensitivity bar numbers to see whether that option can help you eliminate mouse latency.
After making these changes, check if mouse lag is gone in Black Ops Cold War.
3. Turn off the Realtek Audio service
- Select Task Manager from the context menu by right-clicking the taskbar.
- Realtek HD Audio Manager can be found by scrolling down the Processes tab.
- Click the End task button after selecting Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Right-click the NVIDIA High Definition Audio Manager process on your PC and select End Task.
- Exit Task Manager after that.
4. Use a separate USB port to connect your mouse
Your mouse should be plugged into a different USB port on your computer or laptop. Unplug any other USB devices that aren’t necessary, such as a flash drive or a camera, from your PC.
5. Turn off USB power-saving mode
- To open a search box, click the magnify button on Windows 10’s taskbar.
- In the search box, type the term Control Panel.
- Then select the Control Panel search result from the drop-down menu.
- In the Control Panel box, select Device Manager.
- To expand the category, double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- To access the properties window for USB Root Hub, double-click it.
- In the screenshot below, click the Power Management tab.
- Then uncheck the box that says Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power.
- To close the window, use the OK button.
- Restart the game to see whether the mouse lag persists in Black Ops Cold War.
6. Turn off the mouse pointer options
- To begin, open the Control Panel in the same manner that you did for the first three steps of resolution five.
- In the screenshot below, select Mouse to open the window.
- Select the Pointer Options tab from the drop-down menu.
- If the Enhance pointer precision checkbox is selected, deselect it.
- Uncheck the Display pointer trails checkbox if it is selected.
- To save the changes, select the Apply option.
- To close the Mouse Properties window, click the OK button.
Note: If you’re using a Logitech mouse, turn off the Smart Move option as well. Smart Move can be turned off in the Logitech SetPoint settings software’s Mouse Movement tab.
7. Modify the report rate of the mouse
- To begin, open the software that controls your mouse settings.
- Within the software, go to the mouse options.
- Then check for choices like the ones in the screenshot directly below in your mouse software for report (or polling) rate sensitivity.
- Choose a report rate of no more than 250.
- Close your mouse configuration software after saving your desired settings.
This is a rather easy remedy; however it may assist you in resolving mouse lag in Black Ops Cold War.
8. Replace the batteries in the mouse
If you’re using a wireless mouse, you should try replacing the batteries. First, replace the old batteries with a new set of brand-name batteries. Then, check to see if the batteries are properly positioned in the mouse.
9. Turn off the service ATI HotKey Poller
- To start the Run accessory, press the Windows and R keyboard keys simultaneously.
- In the Run text box, type the following command: services.msc
- To open the Services window, click OK.
- If you can find it, double-click the ATI HotKey Poller service. If your PC doesn’t have any ATI Catalyst drivers installed, you won’t be able to find it.
- On the Startup Type drop-down option, choose Disabled.
- To save the new configuration, press the Apply button.
- To close the ATI HotKey Poller Properties window, click OK.
For some players, the above resolutions may be sufficient to eliminate mouse lag in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and other games.
If you still need more help with mouse latency in COD: Black Ops, you can contact an Activision representative through the Activision Support webpage.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Call of Duty, why does my mouse lag?
It’s possible that there’s a problem with the USB port where the mouse is plugged in. As a result, try connecting your mouse to a different USB port. If your mouse is currently plugged into a USB 3.0 port, switching to a USB 2.0 port may help to eliminate the lag.
2. What’s the deal with my Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War lag?
When you get at the page, select your platform and check the status of the servers. You’ll have to wait till the developers fix the servers if they’re offline. When they come back online, the lag will most likely be corrected.
3. What exactly is mouse acceleration?
In Windows 10, mouse acceleration increases the distance and speed with which your cursor glides across the screen in proportion to how quickly you move your actual mouse.
4. Mouse Input Lag : r/blackopscoldwar – Reddit
5. Just got cold war. What. the. f***. going on with mouse aiming?