Here we can see, “gmail imap settings”
When you want to receive Gmail through a separate email client, find your Gmail account in an email client like Outlook or Apple Mail and obtain all of your mail in one place. You will need to supply the web Message Access Protocol (IMAP) settings so that the email client knows the way to retrieve your Gmail messages.
What Is IMAP for Gmail?
IMAP is an online protocol that permits email clients to speak with an email service, like Gmail. IMAP may be a replacement for the older POP3 email protocol. It offers many advantages, including the power to stay the status of emails in sync, accesses multiple mailboxes on one server, and permit server-side searching of content.
With IMAP, you’ll read your Gmail on multiple devices, and messages and folders are synced in real-time.
How to Activate IMAP in Gmail
To access a Gmail account in your email program or mobile device via the IMAP protocol, activate IMAP in Gmail.
- Open Gmail during a browser.
- Select the Settings gear within the upper-right corner.
- Select See all settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the IMAP Access section, select Enable IMAP.
- Leave the opposite settings on the default selections.
- Select Save Changes.
Set up Gmail With IMAP
After IMAP is enabled in Gmail, found out a replacement IMAP account in your email client of choice. For example, if the email client is listed below, select the link to find out how to find out Gmail on your device quickly. Otherwise, follow the generic instructions for fixing Gmail with IMAP manually.
- iOS Mail
- macOS Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Outlook Mail
- Yahoo Mail
- Pegasus Mail
Gmail IMAP Settings for Incoming Mail
To receive your Gmail messages on other devices, enter the subsequent settings consistent with the directions for the precise application:
- Gmail IMAP server address: imap.gmail.com
- Gmail IMAP username: Your full Gmail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail IMAP password: Your Gmail password (use an application-specific Gmail password if you enabled 2-step authentication for Gmail)
- Gmail IMAP port: 993
- Gmail IMAP TLS/SSL required: yes
If you encounter problems when fixing Gmail with a mail client, consider these possible issues:
- The username or password is mistyped.
- The server information is mistyped.
- Two-factor authentification is enabled on your Google account that needs you to get an app-specific password.
- IMAP isn’t enabled within the Gmail settings.
- The email client isn’t secure and doesn’t support Google’s latest security standards.
1.What’s the difference between IMAP and SMTP?
The short answer is that IMAP connects to your email providers’ server and is employed to receive an email, while SMTP is employed to send mail to other servers.
IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) may be a protocol that requests that your email provider will save all of your messages and folders onto its servers. This way, whether you’re using an email client or webmail, you’ll be ready to hook up with your email account and consider anything you’ve got received because it’s always stored on their server.
STMP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is the protocol for sending emails out of your account to other destinations. It enables your email client to attach to your provider’s server to send outgoing mail, especially to other servers.
2.Does Mailbird Support IMAP? / Does Mailbird Support POP3?
Yes. Mailbird uses IMAP or POP3 to attach to most email providers. In addition, Mailbird’s technology can detect the server settings automatically once you enter your email address.
Suppose it’s unable to detect the settings. In that case, you’ll found out your email manually by entering the small print your provider has listed for their server settings: just like the IMAP or POP3 Port and IMAP or POP3 Security.
You will also get to enter the username and password you’ve got assigned together with your email provider.
- What does “port” mean in my email settings?
You can consider the “port” like an address number. An equivalent way that an IP address identifies the situation of a computer, the port identifies the appliance operating thereon computer.
There are a couple of common port numbers; always use the recommended settings to configure your email server to Mailbird.
4.Problems linking Outlook with Gmail
5.What IMAP settings should I select?