Here we can see, “fix firewall cant change settings”
Fix: Windows firewall can’t change settings error 0x80070422
Errors are pretty common in operating systems, whether it’s Windows or OSX. These errors initiate some troubles for the users. A number of these errors have easy fixes, while others need tons of effort.
Some users have reported a problem associated with the Firewall inside Windows. Consistent with them, they get an error 0x80070422 alongside a message, i.e., Windows Firewall can’t change a number of your settings. This Error appears whenever a user tries to turn on Windows’s Firewall using recommended settings. Some users have reported this Error with 3rd party security Firewalls, too. That’s pretty troublesome.
A firewall is an important component required to surf the web safely. A firewall protects harmful malware and spyware from influencing the components of operating systems. So, it must be turned on for full-time protection.
Reason Behind the Error 0x80070422:
This error might occur if a required service isn’t running in Windows. On the opposite hand, a disabled Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) also can cause this issue. Background Intelligent Transfer Service is required to be in its working state.
Solutions to Fix the Error 0x80070422:
The following methods will guide you to resolve this problem together with your Firewall.
Method # 1: Using Services Window to Fix this Error
Several times, this Error occur thanks to Firewall not initializing at the startup of Windows. So, you’ll fix it by following the instructions below.
- look for Services by typing it inside the search box up Windows 7 and Windows 8. In Windows 10, you’ll use Cortana to look for it. After it comes up in results, right-click over it to run it as administrator.
- Inside the Services window, scroll right down to service, i.e., Windows Firewall. Check the status and Startup sort of this service. It might be disabled in your case.
- To enable this service and set it to start automatically at every startup of Windows, double click over the Windows Firewall service and activate the overall Inside this tab, you’d see Startup type set to Disabled. Change that to Automatic, click Apply, then hit the OK button afterward.
- After it’s set to Automatic, right-click over the Windows Firewall service and choose Start to start it up. Your Windows Firewall is going to be restored with no error.
Method # 2: Setting up Background Intelligence Transfer Service
If the above method fails to try to trick you, you ought to follow this method.
- Open the Services window again and look for Background Intelligent Transfer Service. If it’s stopped and set to Disabled, double click over it and navigate to General
- Change the beginning up type to Manual and click on the Start button under Service Status to start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Then, click on Apply and OK buttons to save lots of the settings.
1.Windows firewall can’t change a number of your settings Error code 0x8007042c.
My Windows firewall is turned off by itself, and it won’t activate. I buy the error message within the description. I have been experiencing this problem since shortly after installing Windows 7. I attempted the repair .bat file suggested here http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7security/thread/e5ee6823-98f8-4575-a254-00a038b17e34, but that did not work. I saw some errors once I ran the bat file, but the window closed so fast I could not read them. I’m at a complete loss on the way to correct this. I do not have a 3rd party firewall installed.
2.Windows Defender Firewall can’t change a number of your settings. Error code 0x80070422
“The package couldn’t be installed because the Windows Firewall service isn’t running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and check out again.” pops up. Next, I attempted clicking on the “use recommended settings” button within the instrument panel, but the message from the title pops up. I then tried getting to services as administrator > Windows Defender Firewall to vary the startup type, but it’s disabled and greyed out. Finally, I attempted opening Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > Permissions for BFE to offer Full Control to all or any Application Packages but a message saying “Unable to save lots of permission changes to BFE.
3.Why can’t I modify my firewall settings?
When you attempt to change your Windows Firewall settings, the choices are greyed out, and you cannot make any changes. … Click the beginning button, then type Windows Firewall within the Search box. Next, click Windows Firewall, then click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall. Finally, click the Change settings button.
4.Windows Defender Firewall doesn’t want to start.
5.Avast and Windows Firewall are disabled, and that I can’t enable them