Here we can see, “How to: Disable Quick Access in Windows 10 in Just One Minute”
- The File Explorer in Windows 10 has a Quick Access tab. In prior OS versions, this option was not available.
- A list of frequently used folders and recent files may be found in Quick Access.
- Although Microsoft implemented Quick Access to provide users with an additional choice, many despise it and refuse to display it.
- You must now expand This PC in the left pane to have easier access to your computer’s drives if you want to browse it.
Follow the procedures outlined below to turn off Quick Access.
How to disable Quick Access in a step-by-step tutorial
It’s not difficult to disable Quick Access in File Explorer. The steps are as follows:
- Use the Windows logo key + E on your keyboard to open File Explorer.
- Select Change folders and search options from the File menu.
- Select Show recently used files in Quick Access and Show commonly used folders in Quick Access from the drop-down menus.
- If you wish to remove Quick Access totally, change Open File Explorer to This PC.
We hope you found our simple tutorial on disabling Quick Access in Windows 10 useful.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Windows 10, how can I disable fast access?
Choose Start and type file explorer options into the search box, then press Enter or click the option at the top of the results. Make sure both boxes for recently used files and folders in Quick Access are checked in the Privacy section, then click the Clear button. That is all there is to it.
2. In Windows 10, how can I set a limit on fast access?
Navigate to the View tab and then to Options. Clear the check boxes in the Privacy section and click Apply. Only your pinned folders will appear in Quick Access now. (Items you previously removed from Quick access may reappear if you turn them back on.)
3. Without right-clicking, how can I unpin from easy access?
Select Quick Access from the menu. Choose the trapped pinned item in the right pane or the folder view. Select another object to unpin while holding down the Ctrl key.
4. How to remove quick access from File Explorer : r/Windows10
5. Any way to remove the ”Quick Access” bar? : r/Windows10