Here we can see, “How to: Fix Autorun.inf File Is Missing or Corrupt”
- If the autorun.inf the file is missing or corrupt, it can be difficult to fix unless you know exactly what to do.
- Running the program in compatibility mode is a quick and easy solution to this problem.
- This problem on your PC can also be resolved by renaming the associated registry key.
- Using the Command Prompt, you may fix the autorun inf not working error on Windows 10.
Despite being a wonderful tool for managing funds, Microsoft Money is no longer actively developed. Furthermore, it was revealed in 2008 that there are no new plans for a release in 2009.
Some users report receiving the error message autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt after purchasing Microsoft Money 2006 to replace Microsoft Money 2002.
Continue reading to learn how to fix the missing or corrupt autorun.inf file.
How can I fix a missing or corrupt autorun.inf file?
1. Switch to compatibility mode and run the software
- Locate the program’s icon, right-click it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select the Compatibility tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select the relevant Windows version and check the box Run this software in compatibility mode for.
- Try running the software again after clicking OK.
This fairly straightforward remedy should help you if you’re having trouble running older applications because of the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt.
2. Make use of the command line
- USMoneyDlxSunset.exe should be copied to your Documents folder.
- To open a command prompt, go to Start and type cmd.
- Enter the commands below and hit enter:
- cd %USERPROFILE%*documents
USMoneyDlxSunset.exe /C /T:%TEMP%\Sunset
- cd %USERPROFILE%*documents
- These commands should resolve the problem, so try running the software again.
When you try to launch Microsoft Money Deluxe and the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt, and you can use this way to get around it.
3. Change the name of the registry key
- Enter regedit by pressing Windows Key + R. Click OK or press Enter.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf
- Rename the Autorun.inf key by right-clicking it.
- rename the key to Autorun.inf.bak rename the key to Autorun.inf.bak rename the key to Autor
- Restart the software, and it should now work.
- Finally, please return to the registry and rename it to its original name.
You can also delete the Autorun.inf key, but renaming it is safer. Check if the autorun.inf file is absent or the corrupt message has disappeared after renaming or removing this key.
4. Make a registry key called Autorun.inf
- Start by going to the Registry Editor.
- Make your way to the following key:
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping
- Select New from the context menu of the IniFileMapping. From the context menu, select Key.
- The new key should be called Autorun.inf
This approach will cure the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt error, but it will only work if the Autorun.inf key is not present in your registry.
Whether this is the case, create the key using the methods outlined above and see if it resolves the problem.
Our article will come to a close with this final phase. We hope that one of the options mentioned in this post will assist you in resolving the missing or corrupt autorun.inf file issue.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. What is the procedure for running an autorun inf file?
Look for a setup.exe or a file with a similar name. It might be called “autosetup.exe” or something like. To run it, double-click it.
2. What does E AutoRun inf stand for?
An autorun. inf file is a text file that can be used by the Microsoft Windows operating systems’ AutoRun and AutoPlay components. This file can be saved to any external storage device, such as a CD, DVD, pendrive, or other USB device.
3. Is autorun inf a safe programme?
Windows makes advantage of the autorun feature.
When devices or media (such as a USB drive) are moved between computers, viruses and other malware will try to leverage this feature to infect new machines. Note that the “autorun. inf” file is not dangerous in and of itself. It’s just a plain text file.
4. Autorun.inf; an open discussion, or rather, how I hate this file.
Autorun.inf; an open discussion, or rather, how I hate this file. from techsupport
5. Please, help!! Autorun.inf can’t be removed. – Reddit