Every driver should be able to stay connected on the road. However, it doesn’t mean that our lives are cut short because we get behind the wheel. Technology and device companies have systems that enable drivers to access certain functions and apps through their vehicle’s infotainment system. Mazda now offers two of the most popular systems: Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. These steps will show you how to connect Mazda Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
How to connect your Android device to a Mazda
Android Auto will connect your phone to Apple CarPlay.
- Install the Android Auto app on your device.
- You must ensure that your Mazda is in Park and that the Parking Brake is activated.
- Connect your phone to the USB port marked with the smartphone icon using the USB cable.
- To connect, follow the prompts displayed on your phone screen.
- The smartphone will be recognized by the MAZDA CONNECT(tm).
- Follow the prompts on your device’s screen and the MAZDA CONNECT ™ screen to complete the connection.