Here we can see, “How to Add Search Option in Slicer in Power Bi”
Many Power BI customers reported problems with Slicer’s search box. Unfortunately, this is a severe issue that causes individuals problems.
On the official forum, one member posted the following:
For some reason I can’t figure out how to enable the search box in a Slicer. I’ve tried data that had more that 80k record and as little as 50. Nothing seems to work. Am I missing something? Is there a flag or switch I need to flip?
In other words, it didn’t matter how much data was used; the OP still ran into the issue. It’s safe to infer that this is a common issue for this individual, but thankfully, there is a search box. Somehow.
Steps to add the search box in slicer in Power BI
- From the Visualizations, choose the Slicer icon.
- In the Slicer’s upper right corner, click the three dots (…).
- You should see the option to enable search there.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I make my slicer include every option?
Select the slicer on the dashboard, and click the formatting button, as shown below, to activate the select all option. Then, as illustrated below, click the selection controls pane. As illustrated below, switch the choose all option from off to on. The select all option appears on the slicer pane, as you can see below.
2. Is there a search feature in Power BI?
Enter all or part of the name of a dashboard, report, workbook, workspace, app, or owner in the search field. Your content is all searched by Power BI. Two different search fields exist in various Power BI locations, including workspaces.
3. How can you use a slicer to filter data?
- Choose Slicer under Insert.
- Choose the fields that you want to filter.
- Select OK to change your slicer choices, such as Columns under Options. Recall that you can choose multiple objects by first selecting them while holding down the Ctrl key.
- To remove the slicer filter, choose Clear Filter.
4. “Select all” on slicers also selects values that were filtered …
5. Is there an option to search by a list of values in an excel or …