Here we can see “Xcode will continue when iPhone is Finished”
There are multiple solutions for this:
Solution 1: Patiently wait 10 to fifteen minutes. Have a tea or roam around 😉
Solution 2: Disconnect the device from the system. Restart both iPhone and Xcode, then rebuild again.
- Go to Windows → Devices and Simulators (Shortcut key: cmd+shift+2)
- You’ll see an iPhone device connected to the system with a message
- iPhone is busy: Preparing debugger support for iPhone
- Click on the plus button (+) present in the bottom-left corner.
- This will show the device connected to the system. Click on the Next button.
- After that, you’ll see ‘device setup was successful.’ Click on the Done button.
- Fixing Xcode 9 issue: “iPhone is busy: Preparing debugger support for iPhone.”
. Alex’s iPhone is busy: Preparing debugger support for. Alex’s iPhone
Xcode will continue when. Alex’s iPhone is finished.
- Xcode will continue when iPhone is finished
Hi all! Could anyone suggest please, the way to fix such problem! I couldn’t run my app on a real device. Once I integrate Xcode 9, I always see such a message Xcode will continue when iPhone is finished, and the zip happened next … I’m trying to restart the device.
- XCode 11.2.1 hangs on “Preparing debugger support for”
I just updated to XCode 11.2.1 and am trying to deploy my app to my iPhone 7 Plus from my Mac Book Pro running Catalina (10.15.1). Unfortunately, XCode is hanging on “Preparing debugger support for. “it has been over 20 minutes. I’ve searched the forums and tried the varied suggestions (“untrust” and “retrust” the pc from your phone, restart XCode, restart the phone, restart the pc, etc.), but nothing works.
This app deployed fine to the present device numerous times under XCode 11.2.
- Expecting device. Xcode will continue when iPhone has finished WORKAROUND?
- Copying cache files from device
My Xcode freezes regularly in some process of “Copying cache files from the device,” and it blocks launching the repose on this device with the message “is busy: Copying cache files from the device.” It lasts forever and repeats unpredictably with different devices (iPad and iPhone with different iOS versions).
It appeared both with XCode 11 and now with XCode 12, with iOS 12, 13, and 14 devices. Both with a wired and wireless connection.
I wasn’t ready to find anything about this issue. Anyone else faced this? Any ideas of what quiet files are copied and the way to urge obviate that?