Here we can see, “How to: Fix Xbox Error When Redeeming Codes”
- Xbox is one of the most widely used gaming platforms worldwide. Millions of people use it all around the world.
- Xbox can often be a victim of its own success, as surges in new users, especially around game release dates, can cause the system to become overburdened with redemption requests.
- Our Xbox troubleshooting center has a wealth of Xbox-related articles that will meet most of your troubleshooting needs. However, if you require additional assistance, take a look at it.
- If you have other Xbox One-specific issues, check out our Fix Xbox One Issues section for more information.
With millions of users worldwide, Xbox is one of the most popular gaming systems.
Unfortunately, certain issues can occur on Xbox, and we’ll show you how to fix Xbox errors while redeeming tickets today.
How can I fix an Xbox problem while redeeming codes?
Fix – When redeeming codes on Xbox, an error occurs
When redeeming Xbox coupons, keep in mind that if your Xbox subscription is suspended or if your account has a balance outstanding, you won’t be able to do so.
If you have any of these problems, you must first fix them before redeeming a code.
Solution 1: Check if Purchase and Content Usage service is available
Users have reported receiving an error notice when redeeming a prepaid code. One approach to resolve the issue is to check if the Purchase and Content Usage service is running.
You can do so on any device with an Internet connection. Unfortunately, you can only wait till Microsoft fixes this problem if this service isn’t operating.
Solution 2: Double-check that your redemption code is correct.
If you’re having trouble redeeming a code, double-check that it’s the right one.
If you’re confident that you typed the proper code, try logging in to your Microsoft account and inputting it there.
Solution 3: Determine the type of membership you have
Some users’ error notice states that the coupon cannot be redeemed under their current membership type.
Keep in mind that some discounts are only available to Xbox Live Gold subscribers, so you’ll need to purchase one to use certain codes if you don’t have one.
On Xbox 360, go to Settings > Account > Your Memberships to see what kind of subscription you have. This step is a little easier on Xbox One, and you may do it by going to Settings > Account.
You may also check your membership type by login into your Microsoft account and going to the Services & subscriptions area on your PC or any other device.
Solution 4: Verify that the shop has activated the offer code
The shop must activate promo codes to be valid. Therefore, there is a chance that the activation by the store will be delayed, resulting in error 801613fb.
To resolve this issue, you must wait at least 24 hours before redeeming the code again. If the issue persists, contact the merchant and inquire about the code’s activation.
Solution 5: Make sure the code hasn’t been used before
When trying to redeem a code on your Xbox, you may receive the error code SVC6004. This issue normally indicates that the code has already been redeemed, so check to see whether the code has already been used.
If you’re using a prepaid code for an Xbox membership, check your Microsoft account’s Services & subscriptions area on any device to see if the code has already been redeemed.
If it’s a prepaid code for a Microsoft gift card, be sure to check your Microsoft account’s order history to see if the code has been applied.
Finally, if it’s a prepaid code for game content, check your account’s game library to see if the code has been added.
Solution 6: Check to see whether your subscription has been canceled
You won’t be able to redeem codes if your subscription is suspended until you resolve the issue. You’ll need to update your payment details to do so. You can do so by taking the following steps:
- Go to the Services & subscriptions tab after logging into your Microsoft account.
- Find the subscription that has been suspended.
- Under Status, click the blue question mark and then the Pay Now link.
- To finish the process, follow the steps.
You can also do it from your Xbox One console if you follow the procedures below:
- Subscriptions can be found under Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
- Locate and choose the suspended subscription.
- Select Pay now from the Payment and billing area.
- To finish the process, follow the directions on the screen.
Solution 7: Use the prepaid code in the same region as it was purchased
If you’re getting error 80153022 when redeeming a prepaid coupon, make sure you’re redeeming it in the same region.
Because some codes can only be used in specific regions, keep in mind that if you buy a prepaid code in one country, you may not be able to use it in another.
Users have also experienced error 8016a04b, which signifies you’re attempting to add a prepaid code that isn’t valid in your country or location.
Solution 8: Delete and save your profile
While redeeming vouchers on their Xbox, users experienced problem 801613c9. This error indicates that the code has already been used, which you can check by heading to Settings > Account > Download History.
If the promo code isn’t in your Download History, you’ll have to remove your profile and re-download it. Follow these steps to do so:
- Select System from the Settings menu.
- Select Storage > All Devices from the drop-down menu.
- Choose from a variety of gamer profiles.
- Select Delete from the drop-down menu next to the profile you want to delete. Select Delete Profile Only from the drop-down menu. Your profile will be deleted, but your saved games and achievements will remain.
Following these procedures will allow you to download your Xbox profile after it has been deleted:
- On your Xbox controller, press the Guide button.
- Choose Download Profile from the drop-down menu. If this option isn’t visible, make sure you’ve logged out of all of your Xbox accounts.
- Enter the credentials for your Xbox account.
- Choose a location for your profile’s storage and wait for it to be downloaded.
Check if the issue has been addressed after re-downloading your profile.
Solution 9: Go to the Xbox website and change the region
If you change your region on the Xbox website, it appears that errors with redeem codes can occur.
Few users reported that their Xbox website region was automatically changed for them, but that once they changed it to their current location, the issue was resolved. They were able to redeem codes without issue.
Errors in redeeming codes on Xbox can occur occasionally, but we hope you were able to resolve them using one of our options.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. Why is it that I can’t redeem a code on my Xbox?
It’s possible that you’re experiencing problems redeeming a coupon because of a service outage on our end. If there are any service interruptions, wait until they are resolved before attempting to redeem the code. Make sure your account doesn’t have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass subscription before redeeming.
2. What’s the deal with my Xbox code saying something went wrong?
After booting up the device or running a game or app, players have reported that “Something Went Wrong” appears on their Xbox consoles. Users have tried many remedies, including rebooting the console and doing a basic reset, but none of them have worked. The issue should be fixed after clearing your Xbox cache.
3. On Xbox, how can I redeem a US code?
On your controller, press the Xbox Guide button. Choose Redeem Code from the Games & Apps menu. Follow the directions after entering the 25-character code. Don’t worry about hyphens; the system will handle them automatically.
4. Error when redeeming game pass code : r/xbox – Reddit
5. Redeeming codes not working? : r/xboxone – Reddit