Here we can see, “How to: Fix Xbox Error “the Current Profile Is Not Allowed””
Xbox’s online multiplayer experience, which allows you to play your favorite games against other people, is a key feature. Even though online multiplayer is fantastic, some players have complained. They cannot access online multiplayer on their console since their current profile is not allowed.
“The current profile is not allowed” Xbox error, how to fix it?
Solution 1 – Make sure that you have Xbox Live Gold account
You must first create an Xbox Live Gold account to participate in online multiplayer. It’s simple to sign up for an Xbox Live Gold account, and you may do so by visiting the Xbox website. The problem will be fixed once you register for an Xbox Live account, and you should be able to play multiplayer without any issues. Remember that once you’ve purchased Xbox Live Gold, you’ll need to sign out and then back in again to utilize it.
Solution 2 – Check if your Xbox Live Gold subscription is still active
It is possible that you will receive If your Xbox Live Gold account has expired, you will receive the current profile is not authorized error. To resolve this issue, log in to your Xbox account using any web browser and check the subscription section. If your subscription has run out, make sure to renew it to avoid this issue.
If you recently renewed your Xbox Live Gold account, you’ll have to wait at least 24 hours for Microsoft to validate your transaction and renew your account. After reactivating your Xbox Live Gold account, several users recommend running a network test.
Solution 3 – Delete and download your profile again
Users noted that deleting and installing their profile again solved the issue message. To do so on an Xbox 360, follow these steps:
- Select System from the Settings menu.
- Go to the Storage tab.
- Select Hard Drive if you don’t have any external storage devices connected. Select All Devices if you have further devices connected.
- Select Profiles and then the profile you want to delete from the list.
- Choose Delete.
- Choose Delete Profile. The only way to get rid of your profile is to delete it. This choice will remove your profile but leave all of your saved games and achievements intact.
Following these steps, you must re-add the profile once it has been deleted:
- On your controller, press the Guide button.
- Select the option to Download Profile. If you don’t see this option, it implies you’re presently logged in with a different profile, so sign out.
- Select Download Profile from the menu.
- Enter the credentials for your Microsoft account.
- Choose a place for your profile’s storage.
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved after downloading the profile.
To delete your Xbox One account, follow these steps:
- To access the Guide, scroll left on the Home screen.
- Select Settings > All Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Pick Remove accounts from the Account section and select your account.
Follow these procedures to re-download your account:
- Open the Guide and select Sign in > Add & Manage from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add new and fill in your login details.
- To finish the process, follow the directions on the screen.
Solution 4 – Clear the Persistent storage
Persistent storage on your Xbox might sometimes result in errors like The current profile is not authorized. To resolve this issue, perform the following procedures to empty the Persistent storage:
- Select Settings from the Guide.
- Select Disc and Blu-ray from the drop-down menu under All Settings.
- Choose Clear Persistent Storage from Blu-ray > Persistent Storage.
Solution 5 – Clear the MAC address
You can sometimes fix this problem by just clearing the MAC address. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Choose Network settings > Advanced options > Alternative MAC address from the drop-down menu.
- Select the option “Clear.”
- Turn off your Xbox after clearing the MAC address. Wait a few minutes after disconnecting the power cable.
- Connect the power cable to your Xbox and turn it on again.
After then, check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 6 – Test the Xbox Live connection
Users claim that simply testing your Xbox Live connection will solve the problem. Follow these steps to do so:
- To change your network settings, go to Settings > Network Settings.
- Choose your network and then the option to test your Xbox LIVE connection.
- Check to see if the issue has been resolved when the process has been completed.
Solution 7 – Clear the system cache
Clearing the system cache is the next step we’ll take. This is what you must do:
- On your controller, press the Guide button.
- Select System Settings from the Settings menu.
- Choose between storage and memory.
- Then press Y on your controller to select any storage device (you can select any storage device because the system will clear the cache for all of them).
- Clear System Cache is the option to choose.
- Confirm your decision.
- Start your console again.
Solution 8 – Power cycle your console
If none of the other options work, you may need to perform a factory reset. This option normally removes all files from your console and restores them to their previous state. This means you’ll lose access to all of your saved games, settings, and files. We strongly advise that you back up your files to a USB flash drive before beginning the reset process if you wish to keep them. To return your Xbox to factory settings, take these steps:
- By scrolling left on the Home screen, you may access the guide.
- Go to All Settings from the Settings menu.
- Select System > Console information and updates.
- Select Reset console from the menu.
- You should be able to choose between two options: Reset and keep my games and applications and Reset and delete everything. We recommend selecting the first option because it will just reset your console and erase possibly corrupted data, leaving games and other major files intact. If it doesn’t solve the problem, try the Reset and Remove Everything option. This choice will remove all downloaded games, stored games, accounts, and applications; consequently, if you wish to keep some of your files, we recommend backing them up first.
The current profile is not authorized error can prohibit you from playing Xbox games online, but we hope that after trying one of our remedies, you were able to resolve the issue.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What should I do if my Xbox Live account isn’t working?
Enter your Microsoft account email address and password to access the security settings page. Examine all of your Microsoft account’s phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers. Make sure to change any of the above if they are obsolete or wrong.
2. Why am I unable to log into my live account?
First, try the simplest solution: if you remember your password but it isn’t working, switch off Caps Lock and double-check that your email address is spelled correctly before trying again. If your password is still not functioning, you’ll need to reset it.
3. What is the solution to the 0x803f900a error code?
To launch the guide, press the Xbox button on your controller and select Profile & system. Select Settings > Account > Subscriptions from the drop-down menu. If your subscription has run out, click Renew and follow the on-screen instructions to renew it.
4. The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live – Reddit
5. Xbox users – is anyone else getting “the current profile is not …