Here we can see “windows update error 0x800705b4”
- Microsoft constantly releases updates for the Windows 10 OS across all major versions. These usually bring fixes, new features, and far needed security improvements.
- Like all Windows processes, the update process also can run into issues sometimes. If error code 0x800705b4 is what triggers in your case, follow the steps listed within the article below.
- This issue is simply one among many who we’ve covered in our dedicated hub for Windows Update errors, so confirm to see it out since these problems aren’t rare in the least.
- If you would like more troubleshooting guides, visit our Fix page, and you will find what you would like.
How do I fix Windows 10 Update error 0x800705b4
Error 0x800705b4 are often quite problematic since they’ll prevent your system from updating. Speaking of errors, here are related issues that users reported:
- Windows Server 2016 update error 0x800705b
This issue can appear on Windows Server 2016, and if you encounter it, you ought to be ready to fix it using one of our solutions.
- Windows 10 activation error 0x800705b4
Many users reported that this error code is preventing them from activating their Windows.
That can be an enormous problem, but you should be ready to fix it by disabling your antivirus temporarily.
- 0x800705b4 Windows 7
This problem can affect older versions of Windows, and albeit you don’t use Windows 10, you ought to be ready to apply most of our solutions to the older versions of Windows.
1. Reset Windows Update components
1. Right-click on the beginning and open the prompt (Admin).
2. In the instruction, type the subsequent commands, and press Enter after each command:
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc
3. After you stopped the related services, the next step is erasing a specific file.
4. In the instruction, type the subsequent command and press Enter:
- Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%ApplicationDataMicrosoftNetworkDownloaderqmgr*.dat”
5. After that, we advance with subsequent command: cd /d %windir%system32
6. Now you’ll need to restart all of the BITS files. Type the subsequent commands and press ENTER after each command:
- regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll
- regsvr32.exe ole32.dll
- regsvr32.exe shell32.dll
- regsvr32.exe initpki.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll
- regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
- regsvr32.exe wups.dll
- regsvr32.exe wups2.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll
- regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll
- regsvr32.exe muweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll
- regsvr32.exe atl.dll
- regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll
- regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll
- regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll
- regsvr32.exe browseui.dll
- regsvr32.exe jscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll
- regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe softpub.dll
- regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll
- regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll
- regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll
7. After those, restart Winshock with this command and press ENTER: netsh Winsock reset.
8. Now you’ll get to begin stopped services.
9. Type these commands and press ENTER after each:
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
10. Close prompt and restart the PC.
As the Microsoft technicians stated, this error occurs thanks to the corruption of updates. It seems that it only appears for users that upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and eight .1 rather than performing a clean system install.
The first thing you’ll try to resolve this issue is resetting the update components. Then, the Update error issue should be resolved. Finally, if the matter is persistent, try other explained solutions below.
2. Perform SFC and DISM scans
1. Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu.
2. Now choose prompt (Admin).
- Alternatively, you’ll use Powershell (Admin).
3. In the instruction type sfc /scannow.
4. Press ENTER and run the method.
5. After jiffy, your issue should be resolved.
If an SFC scan didn’t fix the matter or could not run an SFC scan, you would possibly be ready to solve the matter by running a DISM scan.
To do that, start prompt as administrator and run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command.
According to users, sometimes issues with file corruption can cause error 0x800705b4 to seem. File corruption can occur for various reasons, but you would possibly be ready to fix the matter just by performing an SFC scan.
Once the scan is finished, check if the difficulty is resolved. If you could not run an SFC scan before, or if the matter persists, try running the SFC scan once more and check if that helps.
3. Check your antivirus software
According to users, sometimes update error 0x800705b4 can appear thanks to your antivirus software. Having a simple antivirus is vital, but sometimes your antivirus can interfere together with your system and cause this error to seem.
To fix the matter, you’ll try disabling certain antivirus features and check if that helps. However, if the difficulty remains there, you would possibly want to undertake to disable your antivirus completely.
In the worst-case scenario, you would possibly need to uninstall your antivirus to unravel this problem completely. However, many users reported that McAfee Firewall caused this issue, so if you’re using it, make certain to disable it or delete it.
Even if you remove your antivirus, there’s no got to worry about your safety since Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender that acts as a default antivirus.
If removing the antivirus solves the matter, it’d be a simple idea to think about switching to a replacement antivirus software. There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but Bitdefender stands out from the remainder with its features and high level of security.
If you’re trying to find a replacement antivirus, we strongly suggest that you consider this software.
4. confirm that the Windows Defender service is running
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc.
- Now press Enter or click OK.
- When the Services window opens, check if Windows Defender Firewall and Windows Defender Antivirus Service are running.
- If needed, you’ll check their properties just by double-clicking them.
- Now check if the services are running.
- If not, click the beginning button.
- In addition, set Startup type to Automatic. Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
To download updates, certain services got to be running on your PC. Speaking of services, users reported that update error 0x800705b4 could occur if the Windows Defender service isn’t running, so make certain to enable it.
After starting these services, you ought to be ready to download updates with no issues.
5. Perform a soft restart
Sometimes the only solution is that the best, and many users reported that they fixed the matter just by performing a soft restart.
Sometimes there could be a particular glitch that forestalls the update from installing, but you’ll fix the difficulty by restarting your system.
To perform a soft restart, open the beginning Menu and choose the Restart option. Once your PC restarts, check if the matter remains there.
6. Change Windows Update settings
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section
- Navigate to Advanced options.
- Disable Give me updates for other Microsoft products once I update the Windows option.
- After doing that, restart your PC.
According to users, sometimes this update error 0x800705b4 can occur thanks to your settings. Once your PC restarts, attempt to download updates again and check if the matter remains there.
7. Perform chkdsk scan
- Open prompt as administrator.
- When prompt starts, enter chkdsk /f X: command. Make certain to exchange X with your system drive. By default, that ought to be C.
- You’ll get a message asking you to schedule a system scan at the next Restart. Enter Y and press Enter to verify.
According to users, a common cause for update error 0x800705b4 is often file corruption if your files are corrupted, which will cause this and other errors to occur.
However, you’ll attempt to fix the difficulty with file corruption just by performing a chkdsk scan. Now chkdsk scan will start once you restart your PC. When the scan is finished, check if the matter remains there.
8. Perform a clean install of Windows 10
- Open the beginning Menu, click the facility button, press and hold the Shift key and choose Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
- Insert Windows 10 installation media if asked.
- Select Only the drive where Windows is installed > remove my files.
- Review the list of changes that reset will perform and click on Reset.
- Follow the instructions to finish the Reset.
If the previous workarounds were vain, you ought to copy your system and begin the fresh install. As we already said, this error mostly occurs with users that upgraded to Windows 10 rather than performing a clean install.
We know that’s a presented option, but, as you’ll see, it can cause tons of issues. So, our advice is to perform a fresh install. Once everything is completed, you’ll have a fresh installation of Windows 10. The problem will be resolved.
More so, you’ll postpone certain update categories by getting to Start > Settings> Update & Security > Advanced Options and selecting Choose when updates are installed.
Why is it important to update my Windows 10 OS?
The most important aspect that you got to consider when choosing whether to update your Windows 10 PC or not is that the indisputable fact that updates bring security patches that solve many vulnerabilities. Thus, not updating will cause you to be a target for malware attacks.
1. Windows 10 Update Error (0x800705b4)
I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. For the primary three days, my windows update was working perfectly. However, I even have not been ready to install or check for any updates since 7/31. I’m now getting a mistake message, and that I have tried retrying the update a day.
The error message is:
There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you retain seeing this and need to look online or contact support for information, this might help: (0x800705b4)
2. the way to fix error 0x800705b4 when trying to update windows 10
3. Fixing Windows 10 update error 0x800705b4
4. Error 800705b4 occurs when an Xbox app fails to launch after an update
This may mean that the appliance got corrupted through an app update.