Here we can see, “How to: Fix Windows Update Error 0x8007371b”
- The error 0x8007371b prevents Windows 10 updates from being installed.
- Some of the possible error 0x8007371b remedies are detailed in this troubleshooting guide.
Windows Update Error 0x8007371b is a long-standing problem that first appeared in Windows 7 and Vista. However, many have written about problem 0x8007371b with Windows 10 on forums. 0x8007371B = ERROR SXS TRANSACTION CLOSURE INCOMPLETE, according to the error 0x8007371b message.
This problem occurs when customers attempt to update Windows 10. As a result, updates are never installed. These are some possible solutions to the 0x8007371b Windows Update error.
How can I fix error 0x8007371b?
1. Use Restoro
Restoro is a popular system maintenance program that can help you fix the Windows Update issue 0x8007371b.
This program features a comprehensive system scanner that can fix many Windows issues.
Restoro will begin scanning six PC locations and then provide you with a thorough scan summary upon launch.
After that, all you have to do is press the Start Repair button on Restoro!
Other useful features of Restoro
- Protects against malware.
- Its scanner also scans the registry.
- Fixes a wide range of common Windows problems with a single click.
- Uses an online database with more than 25 million Microsoft update files.
- It comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Use Windows Update
- Run the troubleshooter for Windows Update.
- Click the Type here to search taskbar button to bring up the search box.
- In the search bar, type the word troubleshoot.
- To access the Settings tab, click Troubleshoot.
- To open the window directly below, click Additional troubleshooters.
- Choose the Windows Update troubleshooter from the list.
- To open the Windows Update troubleshooter, click Run the troubleshooter.
- Then go over the troubleshooter’s recommendations and implement them.
2. Run image and servicing scans
- Press the Windows key + S search box keyboard shortcut to execute Deployment Image & to service Management scans.
- In the Windows 10 search box, type cmd.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt window, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- First, type in this command and press Enter:
Dism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealth
5. After than scan, input this Deployment Image command:
Dism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealth
6. Finally, type in this command and hit Enter:
Dism online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
3. Scan system files
- As in stages one through three of the previous resolution, open an elevated Command Prompt window.
- Enter this System File Checker command in the Prompt’s window:
- To run the SFC command, press the Enter key.
- Wait for the scan to complete and the results to appear.
- If the scan results show that Windows Resource Protection fixed corrupt files, restart your laptop or desktop.
4. Clear Windows Update’s cache folder
- Select Run by right-clicking your Start button.
- In the Run text box, type services.msc and click OK to launch the Services window.
- Stop the Windows Update service by right-clicking it.
- Then, using the Windows key + E keyboard shortcut, launch File Explorer.
- Enter the following path in the file path bar:
- To select all of the folder’s contents, press Ctrl + A.
- Choose the Home option.
- Press the Delete key.
- Return to the Services window.
- To restart Windows Update, right-click it and select Start.
5. Uninstall third-party antivirus software
- Launch the Run application.
- To open the Programs and Features applet, type appwiz.cpl into Run and click OK.
- Choose your antivirus program from the list.
- Select your antivirus program’s Uninstall option.
- To offer additional confirmation to delete the program, click Yes.
The remedies listed above may fix Windows Update error 0x8007371b for some people, but they aren’t guaranteed to work for everyone.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How do I resolve the 0x800b0101 error?
To fix this issue, you’ll need to modify your system’s date and time values to the correct ones. Running SFC and DISM scans – System file corruption is a recognized cause of this error, especially if you’re getting this error code with every upcoming Windows Update you try to install.
2. What does the 0x800b0101 error code mean?
If you see this message on your computer, it signifies that something went wrong with your system. Users may get the error code “0x800b0101” due to faulty or failed software installation or removal, which may have left invalid entries in system elements.
3. How do I compel the installation of a Windows Update?
Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and then Check for updates to apply the update right now. Install any available updates.
4. Error 0x8007371b installing Updates : r/sysadmin – Reddit
5. Windows has been refusing to update with error message … – Reddit
Windows has been refusing to update with error message: 0x8007371b, I went and did C:WINDOWSsystem32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and Restore health but nothing is working any advice on what to do? from Windows10