Here we can see, “What’s Windows Defender Summary and How to Disable It?”
- The Windows Defender summary notification is prone to malfunctioning and can create several issues that you are familiar with.
- Even though the Firewall is continually improving, there is still a lot of work to be done.
- Fortunately, you may easily disable the software by accessing your system’s settings.
- It’s also a good idea to upgrade to stronger and more capable antivirus software.
With recurring background scans and real-time protection, Windows Defender should provide adequate security for the average user.
Notifications, on the other hand, are rather obtrusive. Especially when we consider how insignificant the recent Windows Defender summary notice is.
This article explains how to turn off the Windows Defender summary notifications. If you want to get rid of the annoying notifications below, be sure to check it out.
What is the summary of Windows Defender?
Windows Defender is the built-in security program in Windows 10. That is something we are all aware of. And its very presence is beneficial to all end-users.
According to the research, you won’t need a bulky free third-party antivirus for standard protection if you use it. For expert users, we recommend various paid alternatives to Windows Defender.
The best aspect is that it’s now a part of the Windows ecosystem, specifically Windows Security. As a result, it has stronger coverage for all types of potential risks.
On the other hand, Microsoft appears to have gone a little too far with the notifications. Because the Windows Defender summary, along with all of its accompanying chores, refuses to go away.
The Windows Defender summary displays the results of all scheduled background quick scans performed by the utility.
And it would be preferable just to display the number of threats discovered. When you’re working on something critical, the last thing you want to see is a useless pop-up.
What’s the best way to get rid of the Windows Defender summary?
- Virus and threat protection is an option. From the notification area, open Windows Security Center.
- Click Manage settings under Virus and threat protection options.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Change notification settings under the Notifications section.
- Manage notifications may be found under Notifications.
- Toggle off the Get informal notifications option below the Virus & threat protection notifications section.
- You may also uncheck the box to deactivate only Recent activity and scan results.
It’s pretty straightforward. You may also customise your notifications, deciding what kind of information you consider vital, what you consider a waste of time, and what you want to see instead of the summary.
That is all there is to it. You won’t see any Windows Defender summaries after that. Of course, you can go to Security Center > Virus & Threat Protection to get all the information you require.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What happens if Windows Defender is turned off?
If you disable Microsoft Defender Firewall, your device (and, if you have one, your network) may become more vulnerable to unwanted access. If you need to use an app that is being restricted, you can enable it via the firewall rather than turning it off.
2. How can I turn off Windows Defender completely?
- To find Windows Security, go to Start and type “Windows Security.”
- Select Windows Security from the search results, then go to Virus & Threat Protection, then Manage settings under Virus & Threat Protection options.
- Turn off Real-time protection.
3. Is it possible to turn off Microsoft Defender?
To access the app, search for Windows Security and pick the top result. Select Virus and Threat Protection from the drop-down menu. Select Manage settings from the “Virus & threat protection settings” section. To temporarily disable Microsoft Defender on Windows 10, turn off the Real-time protection toggle switch.
4. Recent Windows Defender Summary : r/Windows10 – Reddit
5. qBitborrent flagged as malware by Microsoft Defender – Reddit