Here we can see, “How to: Fix Windows 11 Update Stuck at 100%”
- The Windows 11 preview build is already available for download through Windows Insider Preview.
- How long does the installation of this new OS take? It is a common query from users.
- Before beginning the OS update procedure, a few things need to be correctly set up.
Users have grown more curious and eager ever since Microsoft revealed that it would introduce a new operating system—Windows 11—in the fall.
Of course, in theory, this seems relatively straightforward and should proceed along with the traditional upgrading method. Still, you must ensure that your PC satisfies all necessary needs and specifications to run the new OS.
After performing this check, you proceed with the standard upgrade process and discover that your Windows 11 update is frozen at 100%.
Why does the Windows 11 update get stuck?
Updates frequently get stuck when downloading in the background and installing for Windows users.
These bothersome stuck updates, which seem to test the patience of impatient customers, are influenced by various circumstances. You don’t need to worry because you own the power.
Make sure there are no power interruptions and that your Internet connection is highly reliable before you update your operating system to Windows 11.
These are a few of the most typical reasons for installation issues. This can be really upsetting, and you start to feel concerned if you’re a naturally impatient user.
There are a few ways to determine whether the update has actually taken, so there’s no need to panic. Find the most effective techniques to resolve Windows 11 update blockage below completely.
What can I do if Windows 11 gets stuck working on updates?
1. Check the SoftwareDistribution folder
- Navigate to the next destination:
- The SoftwareDistribution folder should be located.
- To see if your Windows 11 update files are being downloaded, check the size of this folder.
- Navigate to the next destination:
There’s no need to be concerned if the new operating system update installation appears to be stuck at 100% and you don’t know how it’s going.
To discover if there has been any action, you can quickly check the download directories. Simply looking in the SoftwareDistribution folder will do.
The files for Windows updates are kept in this folder momentarily. You can check the size of this folder to determine if there has been any growth; if so, that indicates that Windows update files are currently downloading.
In the unlikely event that the update hangs for an extended period of time or even if the files are not installed, you will need to empty the SoftwareDistribution folder.
2. Clear the SoftwareDistribution folder
- In the Start box, type cmd.
- Run Command Prompt as administrator after choosing it.
- Enter each of the following commands as you type them:
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
- Enter C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution and delete each folder there.
- Reopen Command Prompt and enter each of the following commands individually:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
The Windows 11 update doesn’t become stuck at 100% thanks to this restarting and refreshing of downloads; instead, it keeps working quietly in the background.
All that’s left to do is unwind and practice patience; after the upgrade is complete, you can start using Microsoft’s brand-new operating system.
Useful tips for users
There are a few specific things to remember to ensure a seamless updating procedure to the new Windows 11 operating system.
First and foremost, a strong Internet connection is essential to preventing breakdowns and power disruptions.
Even if patience isn’t your strong suit, try to be patient because the new OS’s incredible features won’t be available to you right away.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why is the update for Windows 11 stopped at 100?
Internet or power outages are the primary causes of this typical occurrence. If the Windows 11 update download is interrupted, it can resume once the disruption has passed.
2. How can I resolve a Windows Update download that is stalled at 100?
- Remove any USB accessories and wait for the update procedure to be completed.
- Restart your PC forcibly.
- Run the troubleshooter for Windows Update.
- Windows Update components should be reset.
- Manually download updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
3. How can I make a Windows 11 update download automatically?
We advise waiting until Windows Update alerts you that the upgrade is prepared for your device before upgrading from Windows 10. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates to see if Windows 11 is ready for your device.
4. Windows 11 Update Stuck at 0%, 100% or 99% – Reddit
Windows 11 Update Stuck at 0%, 100% or 99% from Windows10HowTo
5. Windows 11 install stuck at 100% : r/WindowsHelp – Reddit