Here we can see, “Why Is My Ip Blocked From Craigslist? Here’s How to Fix It”
- Craigslist frequently blocks IP addresses, and in this tutorial, we’ll show you what to do if your IP has been restricted.
- Switching to a different web browser is the simplest solution. Because Opera offers a built-in VPN, we recommend it.
- Other browsers, such as Tor Browser, can also assist you in resolving this problem.
- A Craigslist VPN, such as Private Internet Access, may be preferable in some circumstances.
Every day, Craigslist blocks a large number of IP addresses. This is due to people attempting to publish too many times or writing advertising for locations other than their own.
If you try to scrape Craigslist for email addresses with automated software solutions that make too many queries from your location, your IP may be blacklisted.
It’s an automatic system guards Craigslist against spammers and bots, and other websites also employ it. The IP ban is usually temporary, so you’ll just have to wait a little while before you can post fresh advertising.
This issue affects many home users, but it’s especially bothersome for company owners because they can’t use the same account to place ads on Craigslist in many locations.
There are, however, solutions.
What options do I have if Craigslist is restricting my IP address?
1. Download and install Opera
- Install the web browser and open it.
- Locate and enable Opera’s VPN option.
- Select a VPN server location from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Craigslist and post your ad.
Opera is one of the few browsers that includes a built-in VPN and is entirely free to use. As a result, you can use it to get around Craigslist’s IP ban and continue posting ads as usual.
Opera has many valuable features, and it’s a wonderful choice if you want to avoid the Craigslist notice “Too many requests.”
2. Make use of the Tor Browser
- Tor Browser can be downloaded here.
- Open your web browser.
- Configure the system for the first time.
- Go to Craigslist and post your ad.
Tor is a free and open-source anonymous network that lets you access any banned content on the internet by masking your IP address and location.
If Craigslist is banning your IP address, Tor might be the easiest way to get around it.
The Tor Browser’s biggest feature is that it doesn’t require any extra configuration. It makes you anonymous as soon as you fire it up after the simple setup at the start.
3. Use a virtual private network (VPN)
- Register for a VPN subscription (we suggest PIA).
- On your smartphone, download and install the VPN app.
- Start the program and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a virtual private network (VPN) server*.
- Using any web browser, go to Craigslist.
If you wish to place an ad on Craigslist from a location other than your own, make sure you connect to a VPN server from there.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I get my IP address unblocked on Craigslist?
If you’ve been prohibited from Craigslist because of your IP address, go to a web proxy and type “craigslist.org” into the field and click “Enter” to browse the site through a Web proxy, which hides your real IP address when you visit websites.
2. Why is Craigslist claiming that my IP address has been blocked?
If you attempted to hack Craigslist or shared dangerous content or viruses, your IP address will be blocked. This type of behavior is extremely disruptive and can compromise the browsing experience and security of other users. In general, if your IP address has been restricted on Craigslist, it is for a good cause!
3. Is it possible for Craigslist to ban your IP address?
Every day, Craigslist blocks a large number of IP addresses. This is due to people attempting to publish too many times or writing advertising for locations other than their own. If you try to scrape Craigslist for email addresses with automated software solutions that make too many queries from your location, your IP may be blacklisted.
4. My IP address got blocked on Craigslist. What happened
5. Craigslist “this IP has been blocked” : r/Flipping – Reddit