What are the ways to repair “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped” on Android?
Go through a number of the simplest and effective ways to unravel WhatsApp has stopped error.
Method 1: Restart your Android phone once
One of the straightforward and straightforward ways to unravel any quiet errors on the phone is just restarting it. Soft reset of phone fixes several minor issues or bugs, and with no problem, you’ll access the app now.
It’s a simple idea to modify your phone after a few days because continuously using the phone makes it sluggish and other issues.
But if this method doesn’t solve your problem, then move to the next one.
Method 2: Clear data and cache of the app
Whenever you encounter such quiet errors or issues on WhatsApp or the other apps, you should attempt to filter out that specific app’s cache and data. Store saves the frequently used information, and when it’s cleared, then the error you’re coming through will be resolved.
Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- First, attend Settings on your phone.
- Then move to Applications and click on Application Manager unless you get the All option.
- Now move right down to get WhatsApp and tap thereon.
- You will get Clear cache and Clear data. First, clear cache and restart your device and see if the error is fixed or not. If not, then do an equivalent process and transparent data to urge prevent the mistake in WhatsApp.
Method 3: Not having enough storage space on the phone
When your phone doesn’t have enough space for storing, then you’ll come through the error message “WhatsApp has stopped working” on Android. the rationale is when memory is low, then some apps don’t work as they have to, and WhatsApp is one among them.
- If the matter is thanks to shared space for storing, then follow the below steps:
- First, attend Settings > click on Storage. Ensure it’s a minimum of 100MB to 200MB
- After that, remove those apps which you don’t need further. Doing this may create more room on your Android phone, and hopefully, now WhatsApp will work properly.
Method 4: Look for any updates available
If WhatsApp has occurred after updating apps from Play Store, then an equivalent issue was reported by many users. So during this situation, you’ll expect any updates from the WhatsApp team to repair the matter.
This was useful previously, and the WhatsApp team is fast in fixing such quiet issues. What you’ve got to try to do is:
- First, attend Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Then select My Apps & Games.
- A list of all is going to be available and an Update option beside it.
- Click on the Update option, and your app is going to be updated to its latest version.
Method 5: Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp again
You can do another thing is uninstall WhatsApp from your phone and reinstall it again. This process might work and can solve “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped” on Android.
Follow the steps below:
- First, attend Settings, then Applications and Application Manager.
- Look for the All option here and tap on WhatsApp.
- Then click on Uninstall, and your app will be uninstalled.
- After this, restart your device.
- And now, attend Google Play Store and sort WhatsApp in the search bar. Select WhatsApp and tap on the Install option
Method 6: Maybe Gmail account is hacked or invalid
You already know that your phone is linked with a Gmail account, and when your WhatsApp stops working, it will flow from to your Gmail account that becomes invalid. The Gmail ID could be not working, so you’ve got to log out from your email account and again log in to it using another user-id during this situation.
- Just follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings and click on Accounts to logout from your Android phone.
- Now select Google account and click on on “Remove Account.”
Method 7: Alternative way to fix “Unfortunately, WhatsApp has stopped” on Android
Apart from the above-described methods, there’s still another alternative method that will assist you to unravel WhatsApp has stopped performing on Android. You would like to use the Android Repair tool, one of the most straightforward and safe, thanks to fixing the WhatsApp error.
Using this tool, whatever errors you’re approaching your Android phone will be resolved with no further issue. It helps to bring the phone to a normal state. This is often easy to use and allows you to repair many favored errors like apps keep crashing. The setting has stopped, stuck on download failed, black screen of death/blue screen of death, and lots more.