Here we can see, “Valheim Is Not Saving When Logging Off? Try These Fixes”
- The Valheim not saving issue could throw you back hours in the game.
- The Valheim save game fault appears to be caused by a read-only file flaw.
- Using the game console as explained below is an excellent fix for this difficulty with saving the game in Valheim.
- Another option for resolving this problem is to alter the attribute of that file, as demonstrated in our solution.
Valheim is a fantastic fast-trending survival game with a 95% Steam approval rate, which is fantastic for an early access product.
However, we can see how this could happen because the gameplay is excellent, and the aesthetics are also really good.
However, like any other new game, Valheim comes with its fair share of issues, one of which being that users’ games do not save after logging out, resulting in hours of lost gameplay.
On Reddit, a person expresses their dissatisfaction in the following way:
I’m not sure why, but my game does not save when I exit Valheim. It displays a dark screen and does nothing.
When the screen is black, it indicates that I am still in the game and that I will continue to receive reminders that I can eat more and other relevant alerts.
For me, the only way to remedy this is to enter cheat mode and manually save. Is there a solution to this problem? Because of this problem, I’ve lost a lot of gameplay time.
The Valheim not saving problem is particularly aggravating because sometimes you spend a lot of time and effort to earn a particular item only to find out in the next session that all was for nothing.
As a result, it appears that this problem only happens while you are offline in single-player mode. When you play online, the game server stores your progress regularly.
Although there is no official fix for this problem yet, we have uncovered a few workarounds to get you through until the next update.
How can I resolve the issue of Valheim not saving?
1. Back up your game on your console
- To access the game console, press F5.
- Press Enter after typing save (all lower case letters).
- Doing so before logging out will save your game.
That concludes our discussion. Your progress will be stored the next time you access the game, but you must remember to do so before logging out.
2. In the.old file, uncheck the read-only box
- By hitting the Windows + E keys, you can access Windows File Explorer.
- Go to the following directory:
- Find the file charactername.fch.old (replace charactername with the actual name of the character).
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click the file.
- Click OK after unchecking the read-only property.
This problem appears to be caused by the read-only attribute being applied to a file named charactername.fch.old (change charactername with your actual character name).
This means the game won’t be able to overwrite it with new data, which is why your game won’t be saved. Remove the read-only attribute from the file as a solution.
However, this approach does not always work, as some users have reported that the read-only characteristic reappears after a while.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Valheim, how do you save your progress?
You must exit the game in order to save in Valheim. The main menu will appear, and then you will be able to exit. This will save your state, so make sure you’re in a secure location away from opponents and close to your base.
2. Is Valheim’s data saved when you log out?
Valheim has an auto-save option, despite the fact that there is no physical button to save your progress. As you might expect, this is the legal way to save your progress. Simply put, when you exit the game, the auto-save feature is turned on. Yes, the game will store your progress at that point.
3. Is it true that the Valheim servers save their data automatically?
The game saves your progress automatically, and we’ll look at which progress is preserved. One might quickly become perplexed with dedicated servers, community servers, single-player worlds, and co-op worlds.
4. Not saving when logging out : r/valheim – Reddit
5. My game isn’t saving. Lost ~7 hrs of progress. Help. : r/valheim