Here we can see, “How to: Fix Utorrent Not Working With Vpn”
- Even though uTorrent and VPNs go hand in hand, your torrenting client may stop working while connected to a VPN.
- If you find yourself in the circumstance described above, consult our list of suggested solutions to understand how to quickly resolve the problem.
We all know how VPNs can assist hide torrenting traffic, and uTorrent is one of the most popular torrenting programs.
But what if uTorrent isn’t compatible with your VPN? That might put you in a tight spot quickly.
The good news is that this is a fairly frequent problem.
It happens so frequently that we’ve compiled a list of potential remedies that you can attempt on your own.
How do I fix uTorrent not working with VPN?
1. Reliable VPN services
- Purchase a premium VPN subscription.
- Install the VPN after downloading it.
- Start the VPN client.
- Please login to your account.
- Connect to a suitable server.
- Start uTorrent.
- Check to see if anything has changed.
Some (if not most) users use a free VPN to mask their torrenting activity.
On the other hand, free VPNs are not entirely trustworthy, as many of them either leak or sell your personal information.
Your ISP can simply restrict your torrenting traffic if your VPN contains IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks.
While torrenting, you’ll want the utmost security and privacy protection from a reputable VPN service.
2. P2P servers
While some VPN services offer P2P functionality over their whole network, others only do so on certain or none of their servers.
With that in mind, it’s a good idea to start by seeing if your VPN supports P2P/torrenting.
Additionally, if your VPN offers dedicated P2P/torrenting servers, it’s best to use these solely while using uTorrent.
Otherwise, you can experience throttling or even more serious issues with functionality.
3. Stealth VPN
Unfortunately, VPN traffic can be detected and blocked by various providers (even your ISP).
No, your ISP will not be able to decipher VPN traffic. It just indicates that it is aware of your VPN usage.
This can be avoided by using an obfuscation-ready VPN (also known as a stealth VPN).
This feature masks your VPN traffic, making it appear like ordinary traffic.
If your VPN prevents you from using uTorrent, try connecting to stealth or obfuscated server.
4. Flush your DNS
- Create a CMD instance.
- Type the commands below:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer.
Cached data build-ups can compromise the functionality of different online-based services. uTorrent is included.
If uTorrent isn’t working with your VPN, double-check that you’ve flushed your DNS and reset Winsock.
Also, after running the last command in the CMD, remember to restart your computer.
5. Disable IPv6 support
Unfortunately, IPv6 isn’t ready for prime time, so IPv6 leaks can still happen even while utilizing VPNs.
As we’ve previously stated, Leaks are bad, especially if your ISP has a nasty record of limiting certain traffic.
To prevent this from happening and keep your uTorrent-VPN combo working, disable IPv6 on your PC.
6. Other methods
- Make sure you have the most recent version of uTorrent installed.
- Make sure your VPN client is up to date.
- Start your computer again.
- uTorrent should be reinstalled.
- Turn on your VPN’s kill switch.
- Restart your router and/or modem if necessary.
- Configure your VPN to support SOCKS5 or Shadowsocks.
- If necessary, review and change your firewall/security software rules.
- Change to a different VPN server.
To summarize, you can easily repair uTorrent not working with your VPN most of the time.
If none of these options works, contact your VPN provider for advice.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is uTorrent compatible with a VPN?
A built-in feature of the uTorrent Windows client is the ability to limit downloads to a certain IP address. This means you may configure uTorrent to only download torrents when you are connected to a certain VPN server. The downloads will cease if your VPN connection drops or you disconnect.
2. Is torrenting in the UK illegally?
In general, downloading torrents is not prohibited in the United Kingdom. From a legal sense, this technology is entirely acceptable. However, downloading pirated movies or software is unlawful and hence dangerous. You are infringing on the owner’s copyright rights by doing so.
3. How can I use uTorrent to download from a VPN?
- Choose a VPN provider. Sign up for a VPN service, then download, install, and run the program to connect to a server of your choice.
- Enable the kill switch on your VPN.
- Get a BitTorrent client and install it.
- Go to a torrent website.
- Begin by downloading a torrent.
- Forwarding of ports (optional)
4. Cannot get any torrent client to work while using VPN – Reddit
5. Completely unable to Torrent anymore whether I’m using a