Here we can see, “How to: Fix Can’t Uninstall Apple Software Update on Windows 10”
- Unable to remove Apple Software Update from Windows 10? Apple Software Update repair might significantly alter the situation.
- Other methods include utilizing a third-party uninstaller or activating the Administrator Account.
Although not everyone needs it, the Apple Software Update tool in Windows 10 upgrades Apple software.
Apple Software Update does not always remove software, though. When trying to uninstall ASU, some users have claimed in forum posts that an error message appears.
This Windows installation package has an issue, according to the error message. Unable to start the software necessary for this installation to finish.
This is how to remove Apple Software Update from Windows 10 when that problem warning appears.
How to uninstall Apple Software on Windows 10 after Creator Updates?
1. Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Click the Download button on this Microsoft webpage once it has loaded in your browser.
- Next, use File Explorer and choose the download folder.
- To get the window below, click MicrosoftProgram Install and Uninstall.meta.diagcab.
- Click the Next button on the troubleshooter.
- To solve an application that won’t remove, choose Uninstalling.
- Next, choose Apple Software Update from the list of programs and press the Next button.
- To uninstall ASU, choose the Yes, try to uninstall option.
- Choose the attempt other fixes option. If the Yes, try to uninstall option doesn’t work.
Check out Windows 10’s Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter first. The registry key troubleshooter corrects damaged ones, which can prevent software from uninstalling.
As previously said, you can use Windows 10’s Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter.
2. Activate the Built-in Administrator Account
- To launch Cortana in Windows 10, click the Type here to search button on the taskbar.
- Search for Command Prompt there.
- To run Command Prompt as administrator, use the Run As menu on the right-click menu.
- In the Command Prompt, type net user and hit the Return key.
- Add the following command to the Prompt: Administrator for net /active:yes. Don’t forget to input the command and then press the Enter key.
- Restart Windows after that, and log in using the newly activated admin account.
Not every software can be deleted using a default Windows 10 user account.
Switch to an admin account to guarantee you have the necessary access privileges to delete all programs, including Apple Software Update.
As shown above, a built-in admin account is available in Windows 10 and can be activated.
3. Repair Apple Software Update
- Press the Windows key + R combination to launch Run.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in Run and click the OK button on it.
- As illustrated below, type the search term “Apple Software Update” into the box.
- Next, choose Apple Software Update, and then click Repair.
- Then, to uninstall the Apple Software Update, click Uninstall.
The Apple Software Update has a Repair option in the Programs and Features Control Panel applet.
If that option fixes ASU, you may be able to uninstall it. The method described above can be used to fix Apple Software Update.
4. Remove Apple Software Update with CopyTrans Driver Installer
- Install the CopyTrans Driver Software.
- Click the Extract all button after opening the CopyTrans Driver ZIP file in File Explorer.
- Click the Browse option to choose a location to extract the ZIP file.
- Select “Extract” from the menu.
- Open the extracted copy of the CopyTrans Driver Installer.
- After that, click the Uninstall button.
- Remember that if you’ve installed any of the other Apple programs listed on its window, CopyTrans will also uninstall them. Therefore, after removing ASU, you might need to reinstall some Apple apps.
You can also uninstall Apple apps with CopyTrans Driver Installer. The program is meant to install drivers for iPhone, iPod, and iPad devices.
It can also be used to uninstall Apple Software Update, though totally. Using CopyTrans Driver Installer, uninstall ASU as previously mentioned.
5. Uninstall Apple Software Update with a third party app
These are a few fixes that should let Apple Software Update work properly so that you can uninstall it as needed.
For Windows, many third-party uninstallers remove software and any leftover files.
You can even erase browser add-ons and leftovers from previously uninstalled programs, so be sure to give it some thought when clearing out any leftovers on your computer.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How do I remove an app from Apple that won’t go away?
Press and hold the Option () key until the apps jiggle or click and hold any app. To delete an app, click the Delete button next to it, and then click Delete again to confirm. The app is immediately deleted. Apps that are missing are either Mac-required or weren’t downloaded from the App Store.
2. Why can’t I remove apps from my Mac?
On your keyboard, press the Command, Option, and Esc keys. On your Mac, you can utilize this key combination from anywhere. A box labeled “Force Quit Applications” will appear. Select the problematic program in this window, hit Force Quit, and then try to delete the app again.
3. How can I compel an iPhone app to uninstall?
A home screen app can be removed: Tap Remove App, then tap Remove from Home Screen to keep the app in the App Library or tap Delete App to remove the app from the iPhone by touching and holding it on the Home Screen. Remove an app from the Home Screen and App Library: Tap Delete App after touching and holding the app in the App Library.
4. How to uninstall apple junk from windows 10? – Reddit
5. Even Microsoft thinks you should uninstall the latest Windows …