Here we can see, “FIX: Unable to download patch files in FFXIV”
- Final Fantasy XIV cannot be updated due to the error Unable to download patch FFXIV.
- If FFXIV cannot download patch files, you will eventually be unable to play the game.
- So, in case the game material is geo-restricted, start by using a VPN.
- Other solutions include turning off the Windows Defender Firewall or using third-party antivirus software.
Unable to download patch files, the FFXIV issue message has been reported by certain Final Fantasy XIV gamers on Square’s forum. The problem occurs when people attempt to download game patch updates.
When the error warning occurs, FFXIV does not get updated. Take notice of the possible remedies below if you need to fix this game bug.
How can I fix the FFXIV patch files error?
1. Connect to a VPN server
Some users have reported that using a VPN while downloading fixed the Unable to download patch files problem.
For several reasons, we advocate Private Internet Access (PIA):
- Installation is simple.
- Instant access to a global network of hundreds of servers
- Unlock any media streaming material, not just games.
- Protect up to 10 devices with a single subscription, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
- A policy of no-logging – maximum privacy; unlimited streaming bandwidth.
2. Turn off your third-party antivirus software
Start by turning off any active third-party antivirus software. To do so, select a disable/shut down option from the antivirus utility system tray icon on the right of the taskbar.
You can also choose to turn off the antivirus program for a certain time. After that, disable the antivirus shield when downloading the patch update.
3. Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
- If you don’t have a third-party antivirus program installed, turn off the Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left side of the taskbar, click the Type here to search button.
- Type the keyword firewall into the search box to find Windows Defender Firewall.
- To open the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel applet, click it.
- To open the options seen in the screenshot directly below, click Turn Windows Defender on or off.
- Then selecting both Turn off Windows Defender Firewall radio options, click the OK button.
- After that, turn off Windows Defender Firewall and attempt downloading the necessary FFXIV patch files. After you’ve updated the game, turn the firewall back on.
4. Change your DNS Server to Google
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows + R.
- Input the command ncpa.cpl. To open Network Connections in the Control Panel, click Run and then OK.
- Select Properties from the context menu of your active internet connection.
- On the new window that appears, select Internet Protocol Version 4 and then click the Properties button.
- Select the radio option to Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Set the Preferred DNS server value to 220.127.116.11.
- Then, as seen in the screenshot below, type 18.104.22.168 into the Alternative DNS server box.
- Check the box that says “Validate settings upon leaving.”
- To close the windows, click OK.
- If Google DNS fails to resolve the problem, try typing 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 in the Preferred and Alternative DNS server boxes.
- After changing the DNS, restart your laptop or desktop.
5. Delete the 4e9a232b subfolder
- Another possible solution for the Unable to download patch files problem in FFXIV is to delete the 4e9a232b subdirectory.
- To open File Explorer, simultaneously hit the Windows and E keys.
- On the left side of File Explorer, select Documents.
- Open the following folder directory in Explorer:
My Games / Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn / Downloads / Patch
- Then pick Delete from the context menu of the 4e9a232b subdirectory. Alternatively, on the Home tab, press the Delete button.
- After that, try downloading the necessary patch files with Steam’s offline mode to update FFXIV.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why can’t I download the FFXIV patch files?
According to many users, the mistake appears to be caused by the nation region and a routing issue. This error can also be caused by an active Windows firewall or network difficulties such as DNS cache and ports.
2. Why does my Final Fantasy XIV download keep failing?
Why is my Final Fantasy XIV download crashing? FFXIV Launcher Error Causes Your network may be at blame for the problem. DNS and DNS client service may not be responding due to network difficulties. Furthermore, difficulties with SSL and trustworthy sites can trigger the message.
3. How can I copy Ffxiv to a different drive?
edit: right-click FFXIV in Steam, select “Properties,” then pick “Move Install Folder” under the “Local Files” tab. Lenn Reegar originally uploaded this: edit: right-click FFXIV in Steam, select “Properties,” then pick “Move Install Folder” under the “Local Files” tab.
4. Unable to download patch files easy fix! : r/ffxiv – Reddit
5. FFXIV Launcher Error Unable to download patch files – Reddit