Here we can see, “How to: Fix There’s Nothing to Record in Windows 10 Game Bar”
- The Xbox game bar, which is included with the Windows 10 operating system, is a wonderful tool for logging your gaming experiences.
- If you don’t like the Xbox Game Bar, you may always use third-party recording software to record your gaming sessions.
Some Windows 10 users like videotaping their gaming sessions and sharing them online. Microsoft has responded by adding a Game DVR feature to Windows 10 that allows you to record gameplay without using any third-party apps.
Unfortunately, many Windows 10 customers have complained about a bug. While utilizing the Game bar, there is no way to record a message. Users have reported the following problems with Game Bar recording:
- Windows 10 recorder says there’s nothing to record
- This is a typical issue in Windows 10, so if you’re experiencing it, try some of these solutions.
- Record gameplay Windows 10 there’s nothing to record
- This is a variant of the original issue, but you can usually solve it similarly.
- Windows 10 DVR There’s nothing to record
- If you’re having trouble, There is no way to record a message in Windows 10 DVR; however, you may be able to resolve the issue by deleting the temporary files.
- There is nothing to record Xbox app
- This notice may appear while using the Xbox app in some instances. You’ll need to adjust your Xbox app settings to fix the issue.
- There’s nothing to record play some more
- If this problem persists, you should double-check your settings. If it doesn’t work, check to see if your computer is updated.
- Windows 10 recorder says there’s nothing to record
This can be a significant issue, especially if you routinely save gameplay footage, but fortunately, there are a few solutions.
How do I fix the recording error in Windows 10?
1. Update your graphics drivers
Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date before attempting to resolve this issue.
To update your graphics card drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website, find your graphics card model, and download the most recent drivers for it. The recording issue should be rectified once you’ve installed the latest drivers.
We also strongly suggest using IObit Driver Booster (a Microsoft-approved program) to download all of your PC’s outdated drivers automatically.
It’s a fantastic program that checks for updates in the same way that antivirus checks for dangers. This program will keep your system secure by preventing you from downloading and installing the incorrect driver version manually.
2. Use Icecream Screen Recorder
If you’re having trouble, You might want to try moving to another screen recording solution if there is nothing to record the message in Game Bar. Game Bar is a great tool for recording your games in real-time, but there are times when you’ll want to employ more advanced capabilities.
Icecream Screen Recorder is your best pick if you’re seeking for a new screen recording tool. This tool elevates the beauty of simplicity to an art form while maintaining features and compatibility.
When it comes to compatibility, the Icecream recorder works well with Windows (including earlier versions like Win 7 or Vista), Mac, and Android platforms, allowing you to capture any part of your screen.
The Icecream-powered screen recorder’s ease of use and versatility make it feel like an in-built solution, reducing the crowded and complicated interfaces that third-party software might sometimes have.
Furthermore, you may use it to record your screen with audio and webcam simultaneously. All of this is provided without charge.
Let’s take a brief look at some of its important features:
- Depending on your needs, you can record your entire screen or just specific portions.
- Add text, arrows, shapes, and watermarks to your screen recording.
- Do you want to record full-screen 3D games or just the audio?
- Options for sharing software and easy uploading (to YouTube, Dropbox, and Google Drive)
- Trim recordings, modify the speed and add mouse click motion effects with video editing software.
- Tools for changing the format of your recordings.
- Scheduler for screen recording and Paste into the clipboard
3. Reinstall your graphics drivers
- Select Device Manager from the menu by pressing Windows Key + X.
- Please navigate to the Display Adapters area of Device Manager once it has started.
- Right-click on your graphics card driver and select Uninstall.
- Choose not to delete the device’s driver software.
- After you’ve uninstalled your graphics card drivers, follow the instructions in Solution 1 to download and install the most recent version.
4. Run the game in fullscreen mode
The gaming bar will occasionally give you a bonus. There’s no way to register a mistake if you’re playing in windowed mode.
The Game bar doesn’t recognize windowed mode for some reason, and it won’t operate unless you run the game in fullscreen mode.
To play the game in fullscreen mode, simply start it up, go to the video options, and select fullscreen mode.
5. Start Steam games directly
Directly launch Steam games from their installation directories.
SomeSome users have claimed that the error “There’s nothing to record” is linked to Steam. They claim that if you start the game with Steam, the Game bar will not operate properly.
6. Delete temporary files
- Go to System in the Settings app after pressing Start.
- Select This PC from the Storage menu.
- Locate Temporary files by scrolling down.
- To delete temporary files, go to Temporary Files and then Delete Temporary Files.
- Please wait until the process is finished because it can take along.
- Restart your computer after you’ve successfully deleted Temporary files.
Several users also mentioned CCleaner as a solution to the problem. Users were able to clear temporary files and clean the registry with this tool, which cured their problem.
7. Keep pressing the Windows Key + G shortcut
The shortcut Windows Key + G is used to start recording, but if you’re experiencing trouble with it, Although there is no way to record an error message, a few users recommend continuing to press Windows Key + G.
They claim that tapping this key a few times fixes the problem, so give it a shot.
8. Use the Windows Key + Alt + R shortcut
If the Windows Key + G shortcut does not work for you, try using Windows Key + Alt + R instead.
Remember that the Windows Key + Alt + R shortcut will only record 30 seconds of gameplay, but this can be changed in the Game bar > Settings.
9. Change the recording shortcut
- Enter Xbox by pressing Windows Key + S.
- From the menu, select the Xbox app.
- When the Xbox app loads, go to the left and click the Settings icon.
- Select the Game DVR tab.
- Create your own shortcut for starting and stopping recording.
- Close the Xbox app after clicking Save.
- To begin or stop recording, use your new shortcut.
10. Use the non-Beta version of the Xbox app
If you’re always getting If there’s no way to record a message, the issue could be with your Xbox app. Users claim that they had both the standard and beta versions of the Xbox program installed on their PC and that the problem only happened when they used the beta version.
The problem was totally fixed after switching to the standard version. This is a simple workaround, but it appears to work for people, so give it a shot.
11. Make sure that you’re signed in to the Microsoft account
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- To get started, go to the Accounts area.
- Instead, choose Sign in with a Microsoft account in the right pane.
- Next, input your Microsoft account’s email address and click Next.
- Now, type in your password and click Sign-in.
- Optional: You’ll be asked to enter a mobile number and the received code if you have two-step verification enabled.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your current local account password.
- Click Next after entering the password in the designated field.
- If you don’t want to use Windows Hello, choose to Skip this step if you’re prompted to do so.
Local and Microsoft accounts are supported by Windows 10, and if you’re getting There’s no way to record an error message; the issue could be caused by the fact that you’re using a local account.
Following that, your local account will be converted to a Microsoft account, and you should be able to use the Xbox app’s game recording feature without issue.
12. Reinstall the Xbox app
- Enter PowerShell by pressing Windows Key + S.
- Choose Run as administrator from the menu when you right-click Windows Powershell.
- Run the following command in Powershell after it is opened:
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
- The Xbox program will be uninstalled from your PC after performing this command.
- After that, go to the Microsoft Store and download the Xbox app once more.
The issue should be rectified after the Xbox app is reinstalled.
13. Make sure that Broadcast DVR server isn’t running
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- When Task Manager appears, look for Broadcast DVR server in the list, right-click it, and select End task from the menu.
After then, check to see if the issue has been resolved.
14. Use the Troubleshooter
- Enter troubleshooting by pressing Windows Key + S.
- From the menu, choose Troubleshoot.
- Now, on the left, look for Microsoft Store Apps, pick it, and then click Run the troubleshooter.
- To finish the process, follow the directions on the screen.
Built-in troubleshooters are helpful for automatically resolving common difficulties, so if you’re having trouble recording, run the Microsoft Store Apps troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.
You should be able to resolve any recording issues you may have with the Xbox Game Bar by following these steps.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why is it that Game Bar won’t let me record?
Check your Xbox Game Bar settings if nothing happens when you click the Windows logo key + G. Select Settings > Gaming > Xbox Game Bar from the Start menu, then turn on Enable Xbox Game Bar for activities like recording game footage, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites.
2. How do I make the game bar recordable?
To open Xbox Game Bar while playing a game, hit the Windows logo key + G on your keyboard. Press the Xbox button on your PC if you have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller connected. To start a clip, select Record from now (the circle), then Stop recording (the square).
3. Why can’t I use Windows 10 to record my screen?
If you can’t find the recording button, it’s because you don’t have an appropriate recording window open. Because the Xbox Game Bar can only capture the screen in programs or video games, this is the case. As a result, you won’t be able to capture your desktop or File Explorer on video.
4. How to Fix “We Can’t Record Right Now. Try Again Later”
5. There is nothing to record. Play some more and try again