Here we can see “System Restore: The parameter is incorrect – Fix for Windows 7”
Symptoms and description
This Error is linked to the error messages, alerts, warnings, and symptoms listed below.
Symptom 1: When you start System Restore, you get an error message that says, “The parameter is invalid”
This article explains how to fix your computer. When you execute System Restore, you get an invalid error parameter. Hard disk failure, damaged system files, or setup mistakes are the most prevalent causes of this error.
This error is most commonly seen on Windows 7 computers with Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.
This Error’s Causes
One of the following causes has been identified as a possible cause of this error:
Cause 1: Outdated version of Windows
An older version of Windows is the most prevalent source of this issue. If this is the case, the user should download and install the hotfix to resolve the issue.
Cause 2: The decimal symbol is configured incorrectly
If the decimal sign is set to a value other than “.” in languages and locations other than English(US), this error may occur (dot).
Cause 3: Corrupted system files
A faulty or missing system file is another probable reason for this error. Disk write mistakes, power outages, and virus attacks can all cause this.
Fix The value of the argument is wrong
Fix 1: Install Windows 7 Hotfix
To install the Hotfix and fix the error, follow these steps:
- Microsoft’s Hotfix is available for download.
- Run the.exe file when it has been opened.
Fix 2: Change the decimal symbol setting
If the decimal symbol is not set to ‘.’, this error can arise (dot). This is widespread in languages and regions other than English (US), such as German (Germany).
Follow these procedures to modify the decimal symbol setting:
- Click Clock, Language, and Region in the Control Panel, then click Region and Language.
- Then, under the Formats tab, select Additional options.
- Type. (dot) in the Decimal symbol field, then click OK twice.
- Restart the computer if necessary.
Note: Some third-party software can change the computer’s runtime locale and override the Control Panel option.
Fix 3: Run sfc
To open Command Prompt, click Start and type the command prompt in the search box.
- Command Prompt can be accessed by right-clicking it.
- Select Run as administrator from the menu.
- Once the Command Prompt has loaded,
4. Press Enter.
Fix 4: Run chkdsk
- To open Command Prompt, click Start.
- Ensure Command Prompt is running as administrator by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator.
- When Command Prompt opens, type:
chkdsk c: /r
c: with the letter of the drive where Windows 7 is installed
4. Press Enter
Fix 5: Boot the computer into Safe Mode
To get around System Restore’s parameter is an incorrect problem, try starting your computer in Safe Mode and restoring a restore point from there.
To do so, take the following steps:
- Remove all of your computer’s peripherals.
- Before the Windows 7 logo shows, restart your computer and click the F8 key.
- Press Enter after selecting Safe Mode.
- Open System Restore and follow the wizard’s instructions to restore a previously made restore point.
Fix 6: Run a fresh boot
You may also try performing a clean start of your Windows 7 machine and then running System Restore to see if the parameter is incorrect error returns.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Start your Windows 7 computer.
- Start by pressing the Start button.
- In the search box, type msconfig.exe.
- From the list of search results, select msconfig.
- Uncheck the Load startup items radio button in the Selective startup radio button on the General tab.
- Check to Hide all Microsoft services on the Service tab, then click Disable all.
- Click the OK button.
- Press the Restart button.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any queries or comments.
1. When my computer tells me that a parameter is wrong, what does it imply?
The value of the argument is wrong.” A user’s request for access to a folder path has failed, as shown by this error. This problem has been reported by most Windows users while using external hard drives, SD cards, or USB pen drives. Some have proven it for a computer’s built-in hard disk, however.
2. What is the needed parameter that is missing?
You may have received the error Parameter Missing or Invalid: Required parameter missing or invalid when adding an item to the cart. You’ll get this error when you don’t include a variant ID or quantity amount in your Add to Cart form.
3. What can I do if I don’t have a restore point for Windows 7?
In Windows 7, you can execute a system restore in safe mode if you can’t boot into Windows: Press the F8 key repeatedly during computer startup (before the Windows logo appears). Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the Advanced Boot Options menu. By typing “rstrui.exe” and pressing Enter, System Restore will be launched.
4. Parameter is incorrect : r/datarecovery – Reddit
5. System image restore failed: the parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)