Here we can see, “How to: Edit, Delete or Archive a Slack Channel”
- If you’re working with a group, Slack is one of the best platforms for organizing and communicating with your colleagues.
- Channels are an essential component of Slack, and we’ll show you how to modify, remove, and archive them in this post.
- Slack is one of the best applications for managing and organizing teams, but check out our productivity software area if you’re looking for something comparable.
- We’ve covered Slack extensively in the past, and if you’re looking for additional Slack how-to tips, head over to our Slack hub.
Slack is an excellent alternative to Skype for an instant chat that works on Windows, iOS, and Android.
Within Slack‘s Windows desktop software, you may create many chat channels. Then, if necessary, you can alter, remove, and archive such channels later.
How can I update, delete, or archive a channel in Slack?
1. Create a new channel
- Select the channel you want to update on the left side of Slack’s window.
- To change the conversion settings, click the button directly below.
- Select Additional choices from the menu to reveal the options listed below.
- You can change the name of a channel there.
- Select the option to rename this channel.
- Then give the channel a new name.
- You can also turn a Slack channel into a more private option.
- Change to a private channel by clicking the Change to a private channel option.
- Then, to provide additional confirmation, click Change to private.
- However, you will not be able to change the channel back to a public one.
2. Get rid of a channel
- Open the Additional settings menu as described above to delete a channel.
- Select Delete this channel from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Yes, remove this channel permanently checkbox.
- Delete the channel by pressing the Delete Channel button.
3. Make a channel archive
- Return to the Additional options menu.
- Select the option to archive this channel.
- Then, to confirm, choose Yes, archive this channel.
- You can restore the channel because it is archived.
- At the top of the channel list, select Channels.
- Select Archived channels from the Show drop-down menu after selecting All channels from the Show drop-down menu.
- To open an archived channel, select it from the drop-down menu.
- Select Conversation Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the menu, choose the Un-archive channel option.
So that’s how you use the Slack Windows desktop client to modify, remove, and archive channels. In the Slack web app, you can do the same thing.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. Why am I unable to archive a Slack channel that I have created?
Even if you utilise the free version of Slack, any channel member can easily archive a Slack channel. If the owner has disabled this feature, you will not be able to archive. The primary channel, #general, on the other hand, can never be preserved.
2. In Slack, how can I edit channels?
In the channel header, click the channel name. Select the Settings option. Hover your cursor over the channel’s name and select Edit.
3. How to Delete a Slack Channel That Has Been Archived
- Choose the Channel Browser option.
- Select Filter > All channel types from the drop-down box, then Archived Channels.
- Choose the channel you wish to get rid of…
- Return to the More icon and choose Additional Options.
- Yes, this channel will be permanently deleted if you check the box next to it.
4. Cleaning up Slack #General? – Reddit
5. How do I delete the #general channel? : r/Slack – Reddit