Here we can see, “How to Fix Printer Error: Resolution Not Supported”
The majority of users often print papers, however occasionally, they may be prevented from doing so by the error message Resolution is not Supported.
When attempting to print Excel files, they frequently get this message in the print queue. Access documents cannot be printed, although other documents, including graphics, print successfully.
This can be a bothersome problem, but several potential remedies might get it printing again. Let’s take a closer look at them.
What can I do if getting printer error: Resolution not supported?
1. Reset the printer
A straightforward resetting process may be all that is required to fix the majority of wireless printing issues. Remove the power cable first, keeping the printer turned on. After that, you must let it around 30 seconds before re-plugging the printer’s power line.
Press the Power button to turn on the printer if it doesn’t turn on automatically. If necessary, follow these instructions on your PC after finishing them on your problematic printer.
2. Change the DPI setting
- Select the worksheet you wish to print by clicking.
- Click the Launcher under the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab.
- You can find the Print quality box on the Page tab. Click the resolution you want to use while there.
- Depending on the printer you’re using, different DPI options may be available. Set it to a lesser number if you are unsure of the exact value.
A document you obtained from someone else may have a slightly higher resolution than your printer can handle if you encounter the Resolution not supported error when attempting to print it. You should therefore modify Excel’s DPI setting.
In addition, you should be aware that Excel documents appear to have already the resolution at which they are intended to be printed.
3. Reinstall the printer’s driver
- Go to the Start menu on your Windows computer and select the most recent driver.
- Then perform a search for and launch Control Panel.
- Hardware and Sound > Printers is the path to take.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click the printer whose driver you need to install.
- Choose Properties.
- Click Advanced after that.
- Finally, select the New Driver option and install the driver following the on-screen directions.
When trying to print, if you are constantly getting the notice “Resolution not supported,” it can be an issue with your drivers. You might not be able to print documents any longer, or some of your printer’s capabilities might not function as they once did if the driver develops a problem.
It’s time to reinstall the printer’s driver to resolve this. If the most recent driver is already on your Windows PC, simply perform the simple procedures outlined above.
The most recent driver can also be downloaded by going to the printer manufacturer’s website. Additionally, install it by following the directions there.
4. Delete your printer and add it back
You should go back to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and remove the printer if the problem continues. You must add it once more to your list of printers using Printers & Scanners options to continue using it.
Do not be afraid to add the network printer you wish to use as an IP printer if it does not appear in the list of available printers. Remember that the printer needs to support one of the following printing protocols: Internet Printing Protocol, Line Printer Daemon (LPD), HP Jetdirect (Socket), or AirPrint (IPP).
The Resolution not supported error should stop bothering you after you finish these procedures.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I exit error mode on my printer?
- Make sure your computer is properly connected to the printer. The connection between your printer and PC should be checked first.
- Restart your printer.
- Check the paper and ink levels in the cartridges.
- The printer drivers need to be reinstalled.
- The Print Spooler Service should be automated.
- Refresh Windows 10.
2. Why does my printer continually reporting printing errors?
Occasionally, this is all that is required to resolve this. Restarting the server should clear out any jobs in the queue that cannot be relocated. Now try printing. This should, more often than not, solve the issue.
3. Why can’t I print with my wireless printer?
Start your computer, printer, and wireless router again first. To determine whether your printer is associated with your network: Print the results of the wireless network test from the printer control panel. On many printers, printing this report is directly accessible by hitting the Wireless button.
4. What are you currently doing to handle printing issues … – Reddit
5. I just got the Elegoo Mars 2 pro. I’m trying to print out a CTB file …
I just got the Elegoo Mars 2 pro. I’m trying to print out a CTB file and get an error "the resolution of the sliced file does not match the screen-1440" I searched the internet far and wide. It looks like the resolution is correct from what I have seen. Anyone have a fix? from ElegooMars