Here we can see, “Your Account Privacy Settings Are Being Applied”
- You can discover that Microsoft Excel documents won’t open due to faulty privacy settings after updating Windows 10.
- Microsoft examines user activity and presents advice or product suggestions based on that data.
According to a promise made by the software giant, users will have more control over how their data is handled when using Microsoft Office.
Because of this, they have already improved the transparency of the privacy settings for Microsoft Office programs.
However, many users have complained that a yellow bar that appears with the following error notice when they attempt to view a Microsoft Excel document:
Privacy settings applied. Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device.
You can find easy fixes for this unpleasant Microsoft Excel issue down below.
How can I fix Your account privacy settings are being applied?
1. Turn off some Privacy Options
- Click the File tab after launching the Microsoft Excel application.
- Choose Options, then select Trust Center.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Trust Center Settings page to find Privacy Options.
- Uncheck the option next to Allow Office to access my device and make product changes based on Office content to receive designs, information, recommendations, and services.
- To leave the Microsoft Excel document, click OK.
- Start the app over.
Microsoft tracks user activity within the Office apps and presents suggestions for tips, ads, or products depending on that activity.
You can always switch off this option if you don’t want to see any additional error messages as a result.
2. Repair Microsoft Excel
- Click Uninstall Program in Control Panel after opening it.
- Double-click Microsoft Office Suite after choosing it.
- From the pop-up menu, select Change, then click Repair.
3. Update Microsoft Excel
- Click the File tab in Microsoft Excel after opening it.
- Select Update Options under Product Information.
- Select “Update Now” from the menu.
Microsoft Office typically receives automatic updates. However, if this is unsuccessful, you can also update it manually. If not, issues could appear when you try to open Excel documents, for example.
If any other error warnings appear, you can always use the built-in Repair tool by accessing Control Panel to fix Microsoft Excel.
Microsoft Excel, which is a component of Microsoft Office, is arguably the most popular spreadsheet program for Windows computers.
Excel is an indispensable tool in today’s office because of its comprehensive calculating capabilities with formulae and functions, including commercial, statistical, and calendar operations.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I make my Microsoft account’s privacy settings work again?
Look for Account in the window’s lower-left corner. Choose Manage Settings from the Account Privacy menu. Next, open any Office application and choose the app menu > Preferences > Privacy to view the privacy options. By doing this, you can access the Account Privacy settings dialog box and choose your privacy settings.
2. Why am I unable to alter my Microsoft privacy settings?
Microsoft treats all user accounts younger than 21 as “child accounts,” and by default, these accounts cannot access the privacy settings page. You’ll need a parent/adult account to alter your privacy settings. They must first add you as a “Member” of their family group before going to that page and turning on those settings for you.
3. How can I fix my Microsoft account so I can join multiplayer?
Access Xbox settings by logging in with the family Microsoft account. Choose the profile for the child account. Choose to Allow for under Xbox One/Windows 10 Online. Participate in multiplayer games Clubs can be established and joined (first picture below).
4. I need some serious help trying to find my privacy settings.
5. Can’t escape “Office privacy settings” screen : r/Office365