Here we can see, “How to Use Onedrive’s Direct Share Option”
- OneDrive is one of the most widely used cloud storage platforms available today.
- It is a component of the Office 365 Suite and is run by Microsoft.
You don’t have to pay to utilize OneDrive, a proprietary cloud service that Microsoft created for the Microsoft Office Suite.
Getting a subscription would indeed give you more benefits, but the fact remains that it’s one of the only Office applications you can use, in part, for free.
OneDrive is so well-liked in part because it is frequently updated with new and enhanced features.
A recent upgrade that lets OneDrive users directly share a document with other contacts is a good illustration of that.
Before this update, users had to save the content to OneDrive before sharing it with anyone else by going to the share dialogue.
The Office Insider Fast ring program, running version 2006 (Build 12827.20000) or later, initially made the new feature accessible.
You can follow the instructions in the guide below to use this new direct share technique effectively.
How do I use OneDrive’s new direct share option?
- Launch OneDrive.
- Save any alterations you have made to a file or folder.
- Give the document a name.
- Choose a storage location.
- Enter the contacts’ names in the Choose Collaborators field so they can access your files.
- OneDrive will suggest contacts as you enter them from your list of synced contacts.
- Add whichever many contacts you’d like.
- Press Save
- Doing this will send the document to the chosen contacts and save it in its present state.
Because of this, you should only utilize the direct share method when you are through writing the document and not when it is still a draft.
You should be able to use OneDrive’s new and improved direct share feature to increase collaboration between you and your coworkers by following these instructions.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What distinguishes sharing from direct access in OneDrive?
Direct Access belongs to users with complete access to your document library or OneDrive folder. In contrast, Links Giving Access belongs to users who may not have full access and require a sharing link to access the content.
2. How does direct access to OneDrive operate?
Direct Access denotes that the person who originally had access permissions to your OneDrive location or SharePoint library is the one who owns the files or folders. If you want to grant someone direct access to one of your OneDrive folders or files.
3. Is it possible to share OneDrive with other people?
You can securely collaborate with people outside of your company, such as your business partners, vendors, clients, or customers, with or without a Microsoft account, by sharing OneDrive files, SharePoint files, or Lists with external users (guests).
4. Use OneDrive as a network? – Reddit
5. Another Global Admin Creating Share Link to my OneDrive