Here we can see, “FIX: NordVPN background process not running”
- In the VPN sector, NordVPN is extremely popular. However, users sometimes have problems getting it to work properly because the background process is not running an error message.
- Clearing the app cache and restarting the app can quickly repair this error. Make sure User Account Control allows it to connect to the Internet (UAC).
- If this doesn’t work, update NordVPN to the most recent version, reinstall it, and uninstall any other VPN apps that might be causing software problems on your computer.
- Follow our simple troubleshooting procedure below to rapidly resolve the NordVPN background process that is not executing the problem.
NordVPN is one of the most well-known VPN providers. But, like any other piece of software, it is prone to faults.
Many NordVPN users, for example, notice that the background process on their Windows machine is not operating.
It frequently happens because NordVPN fails to start automatically at every system boot, despite the user having activated the autostart option.
We can assist you if you seek a quick solution to this issue.
How do I fix NordVPN background process not running?
1. Clear the NordVPN application cache
- Select Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar.
- After finding and selecting nordvpn-service.exe, click Finish.
- Exit Task Manager, press Ctrl + R, and put percent localappdata% into the search box.
- To clear the program cache, go to your file browser, find the NordVPN folder, and delete it.
- Open the NordVPN application.
If the “NordVPN background process not running” notification still appears, click Start process.
Normally, you should only do this once because NordVPN should run in the background on every Windows startup (unless you end the task again from Task Manager).
2. Allow NordVPN in User Account Control (UAC)
Administrator privileges are required to use NordVPN. Furthermore, you must provide NordVPN access in User Account Control (unless your computer’s User Account Control is off, which is not recommended). Otherwise, the background process of the app will not start.
3. Update NordVPN
Allow any outstanding updates and upgrade NordVPN to the latest version, if any are available.
Even if there was an issue with the background process launch, you might benefit from new features, upgrades, and bug fixes.
4. Reinstall NordVPN
- Select Apps and Features from the right-click menu on the Windows 10 Start button.
- In the Apps & Features list, look for and pick NordVPN.
- To confirm, click Uninstall once more.
- To uninstall NordVPN from your computer, follow the on-screen instructions.
- For Windows 10, get the latest NordVPN app.
- Install the application and sign in using your premium credentials.
Any software-related issues, including TAP driver faults that may prevent the background process from executing properly, should be resolved by reinstalling the NordVPN program.
5. Remove other VPNs apps from your PC
Other VPN programs installed on your Windows 10 PC may cause software conflicts, preventing NordVPN from working properly.
Ending the processes of other VPNs isn’t enough. Make careful to uninstall it entirely from your Windows 10 laptop, desktop, or tablet, leaving only NordVPN behind.
6. Switch VPN providers
Consider switching VPN providers if you can’t get NordVPN to work on your computer, no matter what you try.
If you bought NordVPN within the last month, you could get your money back thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
We advise you to use Private Internet Access. It’s a simple VPN service that allows for ten simultaneous connections, whereas NordVPN only allows for six.
PIA can be installed on various platforms, including Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, and routers.
PIA also unblocks streaming services such as Netflix US, HBO Max, Peacock, etc. It supports the OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols, exclusive DNS, split tunnelling, native port forwarding, and a kill switch.
What else you should know about PIA:
- There are no logs or leaks.
- 24/7 live chat assistance
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days (no free trial)
- You can pay by credit card, PayPal, or cryptocurrency.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t the NordVPN background process active?
Please update your Windows system using Windows Update before attempting to reinstall the application. Also, make sure your.NET Runtime is at least version 4.8. Try disabling your antivirus, firewall, or security software and then reinstalling the NordVPN program.
2. How do I change the background of NordVPN?
As frustrating as it is, this issue is actually pretty straightforward to solve. The simplest solution is to uninstall the NordVPN app and then reinstall it to see if that solves the problem.
3. Is NordVPN a background service?
These applications may interfere with NordVPN’s stability or prevent you from connecting because it operates in the background when you are connected to VPN. 2. Make sure no firewall applications are running.
4. NordVPN background process is not running. is there any fix?
5. NordVPN does not work anymore “Background process …