Here we can see, “How to: Enable the New Ms Teams Noise Suppression on Macos”
- Microsoft Teams Noise Suppression for macOS is now available in a public beta.
- The Noise suppression function can be tested by members of the preview community who are running R3.6.
- Last year, Windows OS included noise suppression, which aimed to eliminate background noise.
- The same noise suppression capabilities will be available on macOS as they are on Windows.
After announcing that Microsoft Teams for Windows would gain a noise suppression option a year ago, Microsoft has now announced that the same feature will be brought to macOS as well.
The feature was recently released in public preview, which means that a few people are currently testing it.
The meeting presenter ensures that the audience only hears music and human voice by turning on noise suppression to a particular degree. Other unpleasant background noises (pets, doors, alarms, shuffling papers, etc.) are cancelled.
On macOS, how do you turn on noise suppression?
- At the top right of the Teams app, select your profile image.
- Then choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the Devices section.
- Select an option under Noise suppression to determine how much background noise the app should muffle.
You can use these steps if you’re making adjustments before a meeting. The steps are as follows if you want to alter them during a meeting:
- Select More options in your meeting controls from the meeting window.
- After that, select Device settings.
- Select a noise suppression option from the drop-down menu. The options are identical to those described in the preceding steps.
There are currently certain restrictions in terms of completely eliminating background noise – Noise suppression. According to the announcement, the stakes are high:
- Advanced Vector Extensions 2 must be supported by your computer’s processor (AVX2).
- If the meeting or call is being recorded or live captions are enabled, it will not be available.
- This setting consumes more computer resources, and the function may automatically revert to Low.
According to Microsoft, the preview software is not available on macOS devices with an M1 processor. Additionally, anyone interested in joining Microsoft’s public preview community can do so by changing a few settings.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Microsoft Teams, how do I turn off the background noise?
- In the top-right area of the Teams app, tap the profile image.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your devices.
- Toggle on the switch for Noise suppression.
2. What is the procedure for enabling Noise Suppression?
- Type Sound into the search bar and hit Enter.
- Select the Recording tab from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click Microphone and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Enhancement tab on the Properties window and check(enable) the Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation function.
- Click the OK button.
3. What is the process of noise suppression in Teams?
Microsoft Teams can now distinguish between stationary (e.g. fan noise) and non-stationary noises thanks to better noise reduction (e.g. dog barks). It operates in the background, cancelling out noises like keyboard clicks, dog barks, and paper rustle.
4. Microsoft Teams noise suppression feature coming to macOS
5. Disable background noise supression : r/MicrosoftTeams