Here we can see, “How to Change the Child’s Password in Microsoft Family”
- You either forgot the password, or your child changed it somehow if you’re trying to figure out how to update the child’s password in Microsoft Family.
- By simply utilising your PC’s settings, you can reset the password in various methods.
- Another choice to consider is submitting a formal form on the official Microsoft website to reclaim the child’s account.
People have been looking online for instructions on how to modify their child’s Microsoft Family account password.
The ability to reset a password using a parent account, which was originally a part of Family Safety, is no longer available in Microsoft Family.
Accessing their account even if they have forgotten their password has become essential because so many kids are now learning remotely from home and are more tied to technology than ever.
So what should you do if you find yourself in a circumstance like this? Discover all the methods you can finally address this problem as you continue reading.
Why should you have a dedicated account for your child?
First, you may control the contents and access various apps and information with a separate local or family account.
In other words, it all comes down to your child’s safety and how they use the computer while you’re not around.
Here are a few quick tips you might want to keep in mind when handling your child’s account.
➡ Supervise the child as often as possible
You will need to monitor the activities the child is permitted to do on the computer based on their age.
Because of this, it’s preferable to think about using the Family settings in the Windows Security program if you can’t be there constantly.
Click the Start button, type security, and then select Windows Security to get there. Family options are the final choice from the list in the left pane.
You may then select View family options to be sent back to your account, where you can configure your family group of users.
➡ Limit the PC time
Once more, while selecting how much time your child can spend in front of the computer, take into account their age.
Daily or monthly, this can change from a few minutes to several hours. You want the best for your child, but spending too much time playing video games or sitting in front of the television can make him drowsy or even hooked.
There are specialized apps available, such as Microsoft Family Safety, that you can use to automatically set a time limit on how long you can spend on the computer before switching to a lock screen.
How can I change the child’s password in Microsoft Family?
1. Reset the password
- Visit the official password reset page or click the forgot password link with their account.
- Hit Next after entering the email address you want to use for the password change.
- Click the Get code button after selecting the phone number or recovery email to which the verification code should be sent.
- A 6-digit number will be sent to the address you provided through text message or email. Hit Next after pasting the code into the form.
- After entering the new password, select Next.
- You’ll get a notification that the password was altered. Now that you have a new password, you can enter the account safely by clicking the Sign in button.
2. Recover the account
- Make verify your email address is active.
- Visit the website for account recovery.
- At the bottom of the page, after completing the form, click Next.
- Within 24 hours, Microsoft will analyze your request and get back to you.
3. Use Command Prompt
- Type “command prompt” into the Start menu, then click Run as Administrator.
- Enter the following command, replacing the username with the username of the account whose password you want to change and the new password with the new password for the account; quotes must be used if the username consists of more than one word.
net user username newpassword
- Once you’ve entered this command, you’ll get a notification indicating that it was successful.
- Enter the account’s new password to log in.
4. Use Control Panel
- Type “control panel” into the Start menu and choose Control Panel from the results list.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Select Modify the account type.
- To update the password for a user account, choose that account.
- Select Change Password by clicking.
- After filling out the blanks, select Change password from the menu.
- Enter the account’s new password to login.
What are other child lock options to take advantage of?
➡ Reset the password using one of the Microsoft games
Download a game on your device and select the “lost password” option if your youngster hasn’t already used his Microsoft account to play a game.
You can update his password after entering the email address where the security code will be provided.
➡ Create a new account
The family account as a whole or only the child account can be deleted and a new one created if none of the choices above was successful.
- Select Add, Edit, or Remove Other Users after typing “user” in the Start menu.
- Then, follow the instructions to add the new account that your child will be using by clicking Add someone else to this PC and then adding the user.
We provide a wide range of password recovery software applications for Windows 10 if you like to obtain the password back.
We hope that this manual provided the solution you were looking for and enabled entry into the Microsoft account for both you and your youngster.
Furthermore, when the password is not your own, it is simple to lose it. These specifics aren’t important to the kids, or they may have altered it while you left your laptop alone.
To protect their safety, attempt to keep your accounts out of their reach and lock your screen.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I change the Microsoft account of my child?
Log in to your Family page on the Microsoft account website using the parent’s Microsoft account. Choose Manage my child’s profile information. Select Edit this child’s personal information for the child whose account you wish to modify, then follow the on-screen directions.
2. How can I modify the parental controls on Microsoft?
Sign in to your Microsoft account at family.microsoft.com. Locate the member of your family, then select Content Filters. Visit Games and Apps. Indicate the minimum age required to view the material under Allow applications and games to be rated for.
3. How can I unlock the Microsoft account of my child?
Log into your Microsoft account and follow the prompts to obtain a security code to unlock your account. Visit When you can’t sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions under I can’t receive a verification code if you’re having trouble getting a security code, or your security code isn’t working.
4. My account is locked on child mode and i cant do anything
5. Why can’t I change a child account to a normal one? : r/xboxone