Users of social media app Instagram are left frustrated after the platform appears to be down.
An error message appears on people’s app that says that there’s a problem with the social media service.
It reads: “We’re sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again.”
Users tweet about the app, saying: “Running on Twitter to ascertain why Instagram isn’t working #instagramdown again.”
It appears the platform had been having issues earlier today, but Instagram confirmed the difficulty had been fixed.
#Instagram Halts! No photo feeds, reels DMs
Instagram is down in several parts of the planet, thanks to unspecified issues. Consistent with Downdetector, a platform that monitors internet outages, instagram services went down about an hour ago, with reports of the outage peaking at around 12.15 p.m. The outage appears to be wreaking major havoc in India, with large swaths of consumers reporting that they cannot access instagram in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai. Facebook has not yet acknowledged the outage, but it’ll presumably address the difficulty through public communication channels.
The explanation for the outage is unknown at this point, and Facebook will reveal more information after conducting an investigation. However, the outage appears to possess impacted an excessive number of services on the platform. Consistent with instagram users who took to Downdetector’s forum to report issues, the feed isn’t refreshing, DMs aren’t working, and profiles are throwing a error when accessed. Initially, people assumed a drag with their internet connection, but people quickly began to report problems.
Around 12.30 p.m., Downdetector’s website displayed over 3,000 outage reports from the Indian region. Finally, we were ready to confirm independently that instagram wasn’t responding. Not only were the DMs and photo feed down, but the Reels were also down, with a error stating that the feed couldn’t be refreshed.
1. @Hufflepuff_Samy Is anyone else’s Instagram not working after the most recent update? Mine keeps saying “something went wrong” every time I try to load anything on there!
2. @jay_kay30_ Desktop Instagram isn’t working and I’ve just updated the mobile app for Android and that is totally knackered. Please just say if you no longer want users guys, all these not-so-subtle hints leave room for doubt.
3. @emilychaanel I literally have ptsd from not having service while on Instagram cause as soon as that “no internet connection” tab pops up you know your shit about to get flagged
4. @Texasguy247 @instagram If you’re trying to shut my account down, just do it. Otherwise fix your system. My app isn’t working.
5. @allthoseflowers is anyone else having problems with instagram atm? it doesn’t load properly, the app crashes when i view my stories and some animations don’t show up anymore?? i tried updating but that seemed to make it worse