How to get GPS coordinates of your location using your Smartphone
The exact values of latitude and longitude for an area are crucial while surveying, sharing location, or creating maps. Smartphones have made navigation easier by integrating GPS. But you recognize you’ll even get the coordinates of your location using your Android or iPhone? Many apps will provide you with the latitude and longitude of an area. You’ll follow the steps to seek out coordinates using your Android, iPhone, or computer.
Find GPS Coordinates using Google Maps
Anybody employing a smartphone is conversant in Google Maps. It not only helps in route planning but also gives real-time traffic information. Using Google Maps, you’ll quickly find coordinates of your location and share them with others.
iPhone or Android users can follow these steps to urge proper latitude and longitude:
Go to Google Maps app on your Smartphone and enter the situation that you would like coordinates.
You can also tap the “My Location” icon to urge your current location. Now Press and hold the place until a red pin appears, but the purpose shouldn’t have another label already present.
Scroll to urge your GPS coordinates and, therefore, the address.
You can tap and replica the small print. It can now be shared with your friends. you’ll also paste it within the search box.
If Google Maps isn’t on your phone, you’ll easily download and install it.
Finding Coordinates using your computer using Google Maps
You can use Google Maps on your computer to seek out the latitude and longitude of an area or use the known coordinates to look for an area. Follow this procedure to seek out out more:
- Go to Google Maps on your computer and sort coordinates (if known) within the search box.
- The users are allowed to enter values in many formats like Degree, minutes, and Seconds or Degrees and decimal minutes or Decimal degrees.
- Now a pin will show up at your coordinates.
In case you would like to understand the coordinates of a location, follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps. (If you open Google Maps Lite Mode during a mobile browser, you’ll find a lightning bolt at rock bottom. In this case, you’ll not get the latitude and longitude of a place).
- Next, you’ve got to right-click on the situation on the map.
- Now click on “What’s here?” you’ll get a card at rock bottom with exact coordinates.
There are many other geolocation apps, too, aside from Google Maps like Here location services, Bizzy, Waze, and Glympse. you’ll download them consistent with your device compatibility. These new apps are easy for searching and sharing coordinates.