Here we can see, “How to: Fix VPN Not Working With Popcorn Time”
- Users frequently mix Popcorn Time and VPNs, owing to privacy concerns and/or the desire to access geo-restricted content.
- While this combination usually works well, problems can arise from time to time.
- You can run into problems that prevent you from using either Popcorn Time or your VPN.
- If you’re getting Popcorn time VPN issues, it’s time to act with the solutions listed below.
How do I get Popcorn Time to work with my VPN?
1. Confirm that your VPN allows peer-to-peer (P2P) streaming
As you may be aware, there are many VPN solutions available today, both free and paid. Even if they all operate from the exact location, that doesn’t mean they all provide the same services.
On the other hand, some services, such as pertinent P2P streaming and torrenting in this situation, are not available in all VPN clients.
This implies that you won’t be able to stream movies or TV episodes using both VPN and Popcorn Time unless you have the required support. So, before we go any farther with debugging, make sure to verify your VPN to see if it supports this feature.
2. Attempt a different location or server
The first obvious step is to launch your VPN desktop client and try a different location or server. Popcorn Time streaming is blocked in some regions or by ISPs, and not all servers offer P2P sharing.
Furthermore, even though the possibilities are decreasing, the Popcorn Time client may object to particular areas. Remember that some servers are regularly overloaded, which might cause performance to degrade or even stop.
We recommend that you simply travel through the available servers until you discover one that works for you. If that isn’t enough to resolve the issue and the two simply won’t cooperate, make sure to take the additional procedures.
3. Restart Popcorn Time and VPN if necessary
Some unhappy customers were able to fix the problem by simply switching the start sequences of the two competing applications.
Before they open the Popcorn Time app, most users will start or have a VPN running in the background. This, for some strange reason, causes problems with the streaming service.
So, in a nutshell, you’ll have to perform the following:
- Close the VPN as well as the Popcorn Time API client.
- Open Popcorn Time while the VPN is turned off.
- Select the media file you wish to watch and enable VPN immediately before it starts streaming.
- That should be all there is to it.
4. Turn off any third-party firewalls
The difficult clashing applications aren’t usually the source of problems. The identical problem could arise due to a third-party antivirus’s blockade.
The majority of antivirus solutions come as part of security suites that include a variety of technologies, including a third-party firewall. Popcorn Time is unable to access P2P sharing sites, where they obtain the shared media due to these restrictions.
If you’re seeking a better alternative to a firewall, try one of these devices to protect your entire home network with just one tool.
So, you’ll need to either whitelist Popcorn Time or disable your third-party firewall or antivirus, and then proceed. If you’ve already tried everything and the problem persists, make sure to go over the list again.
5. Uninstall and reinstall Popcorn Time
Finally, if none of the above options has worked, we recommend reinstalling Popcorn Time as a final resort. Because the source of the problem could be an out-of-date application version, it’s best to get the most recent version available.
Because the procedure is similar to that of any other application, finding and installing the media streaming client on your PC should be quick and painless.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is it possible to use any VPN with Popcorn Time?
To watch Popcorn Time, you can use any free VPN application. They are not, however, as secure as premium VPNs. Furthermore, by using these free VPNs, you are jeopardizing your online privacy. With a free VPN, you will also encounter slower Internet connections and other troubles when connecting.
2. Is it possible to use Popcorn Time without a VPN?
So, if you’ve been using Popcorn Time without a VPN, it’s probably time to stop. Because using popcorn time without a VPN exposes you to security risks, whereas a VPN service encrypts both your internet traffic and your IP address. This ensures that no one other than you is aware of your internet actions.
3. Is it possible to use Popcorn Time with NordVPN?
Popcorn Time and NordVPN are a well-oiled machine that must be used together to prevent being caught by your ISP. With NordVPN and Popcorn Time, you can watch movies and TV shows anonymously and avoid having your connection throttled owing to heavy bandwidth usage.
4. I recently got a VPN, but popcorn time says my connection
5. Can’t find peers when i turn vpn on : r/PopCornTimeApp – Reddit