Here we can see, “How to: Fix Steam Disconnected by Vac on Windows 10”
- Many users have reported receiving a Steam error, claiming that their game has been disconnected due to VAC.
- Third-party software is frequently to blame for the Steam disconnected by the VAC problem.
- Consider replacing CCleaner, which is one example of software that can cause Steam to disconnect.
The VAC disconnection error can be resolved by repairing the Steam Service or restarting your PC.
If the game files have been edited or have gotten corrupted for whatever reason, the Steam disconnected by VAC: You cannot play on secure servers issue occurs.
This usually occurs due to a third-party program attempting to alter Steam’s data.
It’s worth noting that some software options can change the way Steam works and even trigger the issue we discussed earlier. It is recommended that you close those applications while using Steam to avoid any further troubles. Listed below are a few examples:
8 Process Hacker DLL Injectors Hypervisors CCleaner Powershell Sandboxie Cheat Engine IObit Start Menu
What to do if VAC disconnects you for no apparent reason?
1. Close all Steam processes and restart
If Steam has a problem, a notice saying “You cannot play on secure servers” may display. To fix it, follow these steps:
- Choose Task Manager by right-clicking on your Taskbar.
- Search for any Steam running processes in the Task Manager’s Processes tab, select them one by one, then hit End Task for each of them.
- Remove Steam from the list of startup apps by going to the Startup tab and selecting it.
- Restart your computer now.
- You can try to launch Steam again when the operation is finished to see if the problem still exists.
2. Take care of the Steam Service
Another technique to get Steam back online after being disconnected by VAC is to: To play on secure servers, you must first fix the Steam Service. Follow these steps to do so:
- Steam should be turned off.
- Hold the Windows key and press R at the exact moment on your keyboard (or go to Start > Run).
- Type the following command in the prompt:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe/repair
- Reopen Steam and connect to it again.
3. Replace or repair system files
In rare cases, you may be able to restore Steam after VAC has disconnected it: Repairing your system files will not allow you to play on secure servers. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Exit Steam.
- To begin, press the Start button.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc / scannow into the command prompt and hit Enter.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished, and then try to run Steam again.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. On Steam, how do I enable VAC?
- From the Steam Tools menu, start your Steam Dedicated Server.
- Ensure that the Secure (Valve Anti-Cheat) checkbox is enabled.
- Launch the server.
2. What is the source of the VAC authentication error?
Problem: It’s possible that Windows Search is interfering with Steam’s VAC anti-cheat system. It’s inconvenient, but Windows 10 can sometimes create a VAC login issue. In addition to shutting down players’ computers in the middle of games, the OS has a nasty habit of executing apps when VAC is trying to do its job.
3. What is a VAC secured server, and how does it work?
Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) is an automatic technology that detects cheats installed on users’ PCs. If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a machine that has detectable cheats installed, the VAC system will prevent that user from ever playing that game on VAC-Secured servers again.
4. Disconnected by VAC : r/GlobalOffensive – Reddit
5. VAC Banned -do I just give up? : r/Steam – Reddit