Here we can see, “How to: Fix Microsoft Photos App Has Disappeared”
- Microsoft Photos can crash and become unresponsive from time to time, necessitating action.
- If the Microsoft Photos app is missing, the troubleshooter should be used as a first step.
- Another option is to install and run a third-party photo viewer.
- Continue reading this helpful guide to learn more about resolving this problem.
Have you noticed that the Microsoft Photos app has vanished from your Windows 10 computer? Don’t worry; we can assist you in resolving this issue.
The well-known Windows Photos software is a multipurpose image viewer that comes pre-installed on Windows 8, Windows 10, and Xbox One.
You can use this program to view, organize, and edit your films and photos.
However, some Windows users have claimed that things have gone strange and that the Microsoft Photos software has vanished from their computers.
When they try to open images on their PC, they get the error message Element not found.
What should I do if the Microsoft Photos app is no longer available?
First, try launching the troubleshooter for Windows Store Apps. For example, running the troubleshooter on the Photos app, which is a Windows Store program, may assist.
Alternatively, you can use PowerShell and the Windows Store to download the Photos app.
What can I do if the Photos app in Windows 10 is missing?
1. Run the app troubleshooter
- Open the Start Menu and put troubleshooting into the search box.
- Scroll down in the troubleshooting window to find Windows Store Apps.
- To run the troubleshooter, click on it and then on Run the troubleshooter.
- To complete the process, simply follow the steps.
- Restart your computer.
If the Microsoft Photos app has vanished, you can use the program troubleshooter to resolve the issue.
You can use the app troubleshooter to check for and automatically fix issues related to Microsoft Photos.
After the restart, check to see if Microsoft Photos has appeared on your Windows PC. Otherwise, you can move on to the next step.
2. Install a different photo viewer
- Lightroom is available for free download.
- Make sure to sign up for a 7-day free trial.
- Download and install Adobe Lightroom on your computer.
- Start by pressing the Start button.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Apps should be chosen carefully.
- Go to the Default Apps section.
- Choose Adobe Lightroom in the Photo viewer area.
If Photo Viewer isn’t working, it’s time to try an alternate photo viewer, such as Adobe Lightroom.
This Adobe program is not only a great photo viewer, but it also includes all of the editing tools you’ll ever need to improve and fix your photos.
In truth, this tool can be thought of as a simplified version of Adobe Photoshop, but without the complication of the user interface.
3. Delete the cache from the Windows Store
- To open the Run program, press the Windows + R keys together.
- Type wsreset.exe into the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
The missing Microsoft Photos problem can be solved by clearing the Windows Store.
After restarting your computer, check to see if the problem has been resolved. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next option.
4. Get Microsoft Photos and install it
Microsoft Photos may have been uninstalled on your Windows PC by accident or on purpose.
However, you can manually download Microsoft Photos from the official Microsoft Photos website or the Microsoft Store and install it on your Windows PC.
5. Make use of PowerShell
- PowerShell may be found by going to Start and typing PowerShell.
- Select Run as an administrator from the context menu when you right-click it.
- In the PowerShell window, type the following commands and then press Enter:
PowerShell –ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘AppxManifest.xml’
Add-AppxPackage –DisableDevelopmentMode –Register $manifest
- Start your computer up again and go to the Microsoft Store.
- To download and install Microsoft Photos, go to the Microsoft Photos website.
If the Microsoft Photos app has vanished, PowerShell can help.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How do I get the Microsoft Photo app to work again?
To restore it, go to the Microsoft Store app, search for “Photos,” then choose and install the Photos app (which is developed by “Microsoft Corporation”).
2. How can I get the Microsoft Photos app to work again in Windows 10?
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- From the sidebar, choose App.
- Toggle to the Apps & Features tab.
- Then, beside the Photos app, click the three-dot menu.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select Repair or Reset from the drop-down menu.
3. What is the procedure for installing the Microsoft Photos app on Windows 10?
Open Microsoft Store app or website. Type Microsoft Photos into the search box, then click Microsoft Photos to visit the app’s download page. To install Microsoft Photos on your Windows PC, click the Get button. You can rapidly install it on your computer by double-clicking the installation exe file after it has been downloaded.
4. Photos app disappeared? : r/Windows10 – Reddit
5. Photos for windows 10 gone? : r/Windows10 – Reddit