Here we can see, “How to: Fix Hulu Plus Pb4 Error in Windows 10”
Hulu Plus is one of the most excellent streaming apps for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 in the Windows Store right now.
On the other hand, many Hulu Plus subscribers have been reporting the PB4 problem.
Because I am based in the United States, I cannot access Hulu Plus services on Windows 8/Windows 8.1.
Many of our readers have asked how to fix the bothersome PB4 problem that they are experiencing when running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
Some others have been having PB3 errors as well, but since the nature of these two issues is similar, we’ll try to apply the exact solutions, which are pretty straightforward and uncomplicated.
Some simple solutions to the PB4 problem on Hulu Plus
The Hulu Plus PB4 error can result in a variety of complications, which we’ll discuss in this article:
- The Hulu app on Windows 10 isn’t working — This is a dangerous error message that may prohibit your Hulu app from running on Windows 10. However, by utilizing one of our solutions, you should be able to resolve the issue.
- Windows 8 Hulu + PB4 Error – This problem can also be found on older versions of Windows, and it can happen even if you’re running Windows 8 or 8.1.
- This problem can also be seen on Windows 10. Hulu Windows 10 PB4 – This is almost certainly a driver issue that can be easily fixed.
- Hulu + won’t start – If you get this error, you won’t be able to launch Hulu. If you’re having trouble, try reinstalling the Hulu app to see if it fixes the problem.
This issue only affects Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users, and it appears that some of these difficulties have been resolved with the release of Windows 8.1.
So, even though many people want it uninstalled, you should make the switch to Windows 8.1. If you already have Windows 8.1 installed, go to the steps below.
How can I fix PB4 problems on Hulu Plus?
1. Make changes to your registration
If you’re experiencing the Hulu Plus PB4 issue, you might be able to fix it by simply changing your registry settings.
This problem, according to users, is caused by a group of older drivers making some improper registry changes.
To resolve the issue, you must manually change your registry by performing the following steps:
- Press Windows Key + R. Press Enter or click OK after typing Regedit to launch the Run dialogue.
- Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAudioin Registry Editor.
- Double-click DisableProtectedAudioDG in the right pane. If this DWORD isn’t already present, right-click the right pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the menu.
Set the Value data to 0 and click OK to save your changes. If setting Value data 0 doesn’t solve the problem, try setting it to 1 and seeing if it helps.
Many users have stated that changing this DWORD fixed their problem, so give it a shot.
2. Keep your drivers up to date
- Select Device Manager from the list by right-clicking the Start button.
- Expand the Network Adapters section by clicking on it.
- Select Update driver from the options box when right-clicking the network adaptor.
- If a better driver is available, the system will install it, and you will need to restart your computer.
If you don’t want to install the drivers manually, we recommend using driver update software that does it for you.
A professional driver update program will assist you in automatically updating drivers and, more significantly, will help you avoid damage caused by the installation of improper driver versions.
All you have to do is choose the drivers you want to upgrade, and the automatic software will take care of the rest.
3. Make your speakers the primary audio device
Several customers say that deactivating default HDMI sound and setting Speakers as the default audio device can cure Hulu Plus PB4.
This problem, they claim, happens after they connect their second display to their PC via HDMI.
As a result, the HDMI sound channel becomes the default device, resulting in this error. Simply designate your speakers as the default audio device to resolve the problem.
This is really straightforward, and you may accomplish it by following these steps:
- Select Playback Devices from the menu by right-clicking the sound icon in the bottom right corner.
- Make sure both Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices are checked when you right-click the empty spot.
- Set as Default Device by right-clicking Speakers.
- Find HDMI device on the list, right-click it, and select Disable from the menu.
4. Restart the application after reinstalling it
According to users, reinstalling the application might occasionally solve the problem. It appears that changing your audio settings causes the Hulu Plus PB4 problem.
To resolve this issue, you must uninstall Hulu and then reinstall it. Follow these steps to do so:
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Go to the Apps section of the Settings app when it opens.
- Select Hulu from the list of apps and click Uninstall.
After deleting the software, you must reinstall it from the Windows Store to see if the problem has been resolved.
If reinstalling the program doesn’t work, you can always reset it by following these steps:
- Go to the Apps area of the Settings app.
- Choose Hulu from the list and then select Advanced settings.
- Now, press the Reset button.
- To confirm, click the Reset button once more.
Check if the problem persists after resetting the application to its default settings.
The odds of obtaining the PB4 error are substantially higher if you’re running Windows 8 in a virtual machine like VMware or Parallels or if you’re using this device on a partitioned computer like a Macbook.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t Hulu available on Windows 10?
When you first started your Windows 10 computer or laptop, it’s possible that the connection settings were incorrectly configured. As a result, rebooting Windows 10 may be necessary to fix the Hulu app. From the Start menu, choose to turn off your computer or laptop, then disconnect it for a minute or so.
2. Why isn’t Hulu working on my computer?
Perform a power cycle as follows: Shut down your PC (and the modem and router, if applicable). Wait a few minutes before turning it back on. Clear the cache in your browser: Clearing the cache deletes temporary data and frees up space. Depending on whatever browser you’re using, the steps will differ.
3. Is Hulu compatible with Windows 10?
Hello, Hulu! Hulu’s new app integrates seamlessly with Windows 10 features like Cortana and Live Tiles, and has a responsive, adaptable design. The Hulu app for Windows 10 is currently the only version of Hulu that supports universal voice search via Cortana.
4. PB4 error in Hulu Plus app after latest Intel video driver – Reddit
5. PB4 error on my Hulu Plus Windows 8 : r/techsupport – Reddit