Here we can see, “How to: Fix Forza Horizon 4 PC Controller Not Working”
- The most common cause of Forza Horizon 4 PC controller failure is outdated drivers.
- A dedicated driver update software program should be able to update your drivers and resolve the problem.
- Another simple fix for this issue is to change your controller settings on Steam.
- If your Forza Horizon 4 PS4 controller isn’t working on your computer, double-check that the controller software is set up correctly.
Forza Horizon 4 is the best automotive festival game out now, and it’s the number one pick for many fans.
Unfortunately, many gamers have reported that their Forza Horizon 4 PC controller is broken, giving them a great deal of irritation and a poor gaming experience.
Keep reading to learn the simplest way to guarantee that your PC controller is compatible with Forza Horizon 4, so keep reading.
What can I do if the PC controller for Forza Horizon 4 isn’t working?
1. Make use of a specialist piece of software
Most of the time, PC controller malfunctions are caused by outdated or defective drivers, so utilizing specialized software to update them is recommended.
Old or incompatible drivers are the source of some of the most prevalent Windows issues and malfunctions. In addition, lag, system issues, and even BSoDs can occur if your system is out of the current.
2. Select Hide DS4 Controller from the drop-down menu
- Install DS4 Windows after downloading it.
- Begin using the program.
- Go to the Settings menu and check the Hide DS4 controller option once the application has started.
This is a quick and easy fix, so give it a shot if your Forza Horizon 4 PC controller isn’t working.
Keep in mind that in order for this approach to function, you may need to enable the Hide DS4 controller option when playing the game.
3. Turn off Nvidia Overlay
- Sign in to your account in Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- To open the Settings window, click the gear symbol.
- Disable the In-Game Overlay feature by finding it and disabling it.
- Check to see whether the problem persists after that.
In-game Overlay isn’t a necessary feature, and if you don’t plan to record or screenshot your gaming, you can turn it off without hesitation.
If the PC controller for Forza Horizon 4 isn’t working when using the DS4 Windows software, you may need to close all other programs.
One user said he had to stop applications including Steam, UPlay, and Microsoft Store to fix the problem.
Keep in mind that other programs may be causing the problem, so make sure they’re closed as well.
4. Double-check your settings
- Launch Steam and choose it from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings and select Controller from the drop-down menu.
- Then, select General controller settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Check gaming controller from the drop-down menu.
- To save your changes and launch Forza Horizon 4, press OK.
Some users suggest disabling Xbox controller config/support from there as well, so give it a shot and see if that fixes your problem.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why won’t my controller function with PC games?
Broken or outdated computer drivers are one of the most typical causes of your game controller not working on Steam games troubles on your Windows 11/10 PC, among other things. Make sure your PC has the newest drivers installed in order for your controller to perform flawlessly with Steam.
2. How do I use my PS5 controller on the PC version of Forza Horizon 4?
You can now plug in your PS4/PS5 controller. Go to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > Right-click the controller option and choose Enable Device from the menu. If the PC does not recognize your controller right away, try this. Start Forza Horizon 5 while the DS4Windows software is running once you’ve completed all of these instructions.
3. Is it possible to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC using a PS4 controller?
I’m assuming you have Forza Horizon 4 installed on your PC (a Microsoft game originally released for Xbox), but you wish to play with a PS4 controller. Xbox controllers are supported by default on Windows 10 PCs, but you’ll need to download third-party software to utilize a PS4 controller.
4. Controller not working on pc : r/ForzaHorizon – Reddit
5. Forza Horizon 5 controller not connecting to PC – Reddit